Sign in to follow this  
jaybyrd

Vinyl color swatch

I sell through a few other businesses and was looking for a way that they could show a color sample on their customers vehicle, golf cart or ? ? ? and I came up with these. Anybody else have any ideas they'd like to share 

20140822_132521_zpsyxxvx1ae.jpg

• Like 3

I like that idea. It's interesting my dad is always talking to people about my business be it the nurses at the rehab facility, the rehab facility itself and even the funeral home where we had moms viewing. They all want catalogs and some samples.

That's awesome.

My idea is not so original and could be illegal.

My idea is to admittingly steal your idea.  

That is, unless you sell these premade? If so, then I'd just buy one from you and  keep the patent folks away. 

• Like 1

That's awesome.

My idea is not so original and could be illegal.

My idea is to admittingly steal your idea.  

That is, unless you sell these premade? If so, then I'd just buy one from you and  keep the patent folks away. 

Steal away I'll have my lawyer call your lawyer lol.

• Like 2

Steal away I'll have my lawyer call your lawyer lol.

Make sure they call mine too, we can pay for their lunch. Great Idea Jay.

I was gonna cut a bunch of squares and stick em on a 3ring binder page I like these better tho B)

• Like 1

I was going to do a sheet to hang by the display but this way they can hold them up to the surface and see how it really works. Every once in a while I have a good idea just not as often as I have bad ideas.

• Like 1

Great Idea!  Add me to the list for a lawyer's lunch!  Just have your people contact my people and we'll get to ya.

Suz

http://www.expressionsvinyl.com/sample-kits.html

I have these - works great. Basically it looks like they do a full cut through the vinyl AND backing paper with a hole, use a simple ring you can get at an office supply store. I believe they even have stickers on them with the color names on the back. I will have to look at home later. 

I liked doing this because I could keep my in-stock colors on one ring and pull all the other colors offered off and have them as "Special Order Colors".

At the time that I bought this ring I didn't have much of a vinyl selection of my own, and I liked this even just for my own reference when deciding what colors to order. 

Nice I would make the first one say what number vinyl it is like oracal 651,751,631. Stahls sent me samples of glitter, flock and hologram. When I got the package it was heavy and big im like wow 8.5x11 sheets not even close. But they sent sample swatches on a chain