jaybyrd

No reason but...

I was waiting for that

congrats Jaybirdinterior-unique-wraps-garage-door-decals

idea for that door  . . . 

post-2057-0-03245800-1408796793_thumb.jp

• Like 1

:huh: If you want to have security and get attention.....

the local kids will love it!

Keep people watching by changing the graphic frequently!

Sue2

post-6159-0-63790500-1408798769_thumb.jp

A little pressure wash, some tuck pointing, a few pices of glass and a hell of a lot of paint. You want to borrow my spray unit lol.

Looks good with a ton of potential and may be a great investment. Good luck.

Jay i was in Columbia SC one time i had to get my son out of jail.

• Like 1

I'm about 40 minutes south of Columbia and go there at least monthly taking my mother to dr. Appointments. I did a more thorough walk though today taking measurements and it mainly cosmetic like you said paint and glass will make a world or difference.

Great building! Side note, please tell me you have seen Bill Cosby, "understanding southern", regarding north, South Carolina. If not, please get on you tube and search! One of my favorites!

I've been given the link but it wasn't very funny with no sound. I'm too cheap.to get speakers for the computer.

I've been given the link but it wasn't very funny with no sound. I'm too cheap.to get speakers for the computer.

cheap ear buds jay - go to the dollar store and let the moths out LOL - looks like a great investment - first place I would be is checking the roof - doing a lot of work inside will be ruined if you  develop a leak anytime soon - Dan, thought the same thing on the tucking the top part that looks like wasn't painted as recently -  I couldn't do the high work but again for continued integrity that is the second place I would check and correct if needed.   I am huge on weather tight anything!  enjoy Jay I know you will love having a place you own and can make it the way YOU want it investing in your future.

• Like 2

Ya ya next thing you'll be telling me I should buy a radio too. Silence is golden isn't it? Actually going over today to see if I can get some of the vines down to check condition underneath.

These 2 shots are the are I'm going to use for my retail space 20140823_101622_zpspahgetbs.jpg 20140823_101549_zpslhmxrjsx.jpg and here's some random pics from inside. 

20140823_101909_zps1b22ljed.jpg

20140823_102916_zpsdy1syils.jpg

20140823_102928_zpsy9vkjn5d.jpg

20140823_103150_zpsvkslssxx.jpg

20140823_103240_zpsjfzwf2vf.jpg

20140823_103244_zpsvabggew6.jpg

• Like 1

Looks to be some work Jay, But that IS AWESOME.

Gotta find me a place or build one here sometime in the future

That is going to be awesome!

All that space.....watch how quickly it fills up!

What was in the building before?

Sue2

Last use was for grading cotton but at one time I think the upstairs was set up with treadle type sewing machines. There is a small stage upstairs where they used to have magic shows back in the day

That's some history right there.   

How old is it? Look for secret passages. 

Underground railroad stuff.  

Treasure.  

Town records say 1905 but I'm thinking mid to late 1800's based on the wood beam and wood columns. Would think 1900's would of been steel beams.

Check the gears for a casting date or name, kinda looks like a Smith Hill circa. 1890. Look in the attic or other storage area's and see what original decorations, windows or hardware was tucked away. Anyone else see the creepy, empty baby carriage...

The carriage is sitting on the freight elevator. Thought it was eerie so I snapped the pic. The man I bought it from has til the 1st to move what he wants but this place is a time capsule.

The carriage is sitting on the freight elevator. Thought it was eerie so I snapped the pic. The man I bought it from has til the 1st to move what he wants but this place is a time capsule.

I could spend days exploring places like that mainly for forgotten history and when i do i think someone like my self spent endless hours constructing that part of history. A little tidbit my father did this and now i do i started helping him when i was 12-13 and went full time at 15. Anyway he would put his name on some hidden framing board and the date then put some loose change in the wall that way he said i have money inevery house i work on. I could imigane the guys finding the names or change 50 or 100 years later when working or demolishing the house.

• Like 1

wowzer.....a jewel in the rough. and a location ACROSS the street from the Post Office.  super sweet!!