Sign in to follow this  
express2100

16" x 24" magnets?

Guy wants 16" x 24" door mags for his truck. I'm thinking they are too big and will catch more wind. What do you guys think? Ok to do or should I talk him into the 12"?

The more surface area of the magnet, the more holding power it will have.

Just make sure the flat part of the door will accommodate the 16" size.

Lots of trucks and cars have 'creases' running through their door panels ----

• Like 1

"The size you requested is NOT rated for highway use and/or speeds over 45 miles per hour. You assume All liability for their use, care, replacement and or repair in the event of fly off or improper mounting. We offer no warranty or guarantee on magnetic signs larger than we recommend.

Signed   _____________Date _______"

Sorry, :ph34r: I had to do some similar paperwork for customers today who "want what they want".  I say the customer is always right, until they come back and say "I should of listened to you..."

"The size you requested is NOT rated for highway use and/or speeds over 45 miles per hour. You assume All liability for their use, care, replacement and or repair in the event of fly off or improper mounting. We offer no warranty or guarantee on magnetic signs larger than we recommend.

Signed   _____________Date _______"

Sorry, :ph34r: I had to do some similar paperwork for customers today who "want what they want".  I say the customer is always right, until they come back and say "I should of listened to you..."

Thats how I would handle it  :thumbsup:

I flat out never guarantee a magnet. Cash and carry only and the reason is I've had several people I know lose them in automatic car washes and had 1 person lose them on !-95 doing 80. You just don't know what environment they are going to be used in.

• Like 1

I lost one on my truck before I got into making them. I had a nice color one and it somehow came off lol. It had my DJ Business on it # real big and I never received a call from anyone saying hey I found one of you business magnets. I would of gave the a 50% discount on DJ service. But I got calls for a DJ all the time.

By the way its was 16x24 to

I have a painting contractor that has had three18x24" magnetic signs

on his van for many years now....with no problems.

I just recently replaced the back one that had started looking  worn....

but they have not been blown off.

Who knows, but I don't warranty or guarantee them either and always

tell them to move the magnets around and clean under them frequently.

Buyer/user be aware.

Sue2

I did 2 16x24's a couple weeks ago for a mail carrier and so far no complaints but they know I don't cover them once they leave my front door. I have one customer who puts double sided tape under the forward facing edge to keep the wind from getting under it.

these are going on a concrete workers one ton work truck so you can image how clean that thing will be

A friend of mine does concrete work and his trucks are immaculate but then he is the exception not the standard. The ones that were awful and probably you young guys never saw any was the vacum formed magnet signs with only a 1 inch or so strip of magnet around the outside premiter the copy was formed by heat and vacum and then painted .........those things would blow off if soneone sneezed on them and would tear your paint job all to hell. I personaly have never liked magnetics because they look temporary.

Magnets are always a cash and carry. No guarantee it will stay on. Always round the corners, and get them to sign a release like above.

I do 18" x 24" 2-3 times a week and only have the occasional problem with certain types of vehicles, and what I define as "improper care"

I have a sheet of instructions I give the customer at delivery about how they should apply them to the vehicle and care for them.

• Like 1