sonshinestudios

Mailing DIY Iron on Decals

I would like to offer "ready to iron on" decals to my customers.  The decals will need to be weeded before mailing.  What product can I use to cover the sticky area so that I can mail?

Thanks for your help.

Shirlnan @ SonShine Studios

unless they have a heat press A iron wont work.

A iron will work for siser heat transfer vinyl.. that is what i used on the shirts i posted. I made one for myself and it has been through the ringer and still holding up..  Heat press is alot better.. 

• Like 1

I used an Iron before and worked fine...really gotta concentrate heat and pressure though so you will want these to be fairly small to be covered by the iron.  I would just use wax paper or something for the back.

• Like 1

same as above - you are relying on them applying correctly with a method that some have made to work and many have had problems with because you can't control and accurate temp and time with an iron.  now you leave it up to the other person to try to hit that fine line and not expect problems?

A iron will work for siser heat transfer vinyl.. that is what i used on the shirts i posted. I made one for myself and it has been through the ringer and still holding up..  Heat press is alot better.. 

Seriously dude.....  

You were suppose to get a heat press about 6 months ago.  LOL

• Like 1

I personally have had great success with an iron.  I am not in the t-shirt business and have no desire to buy a press.  Either way I didn't post to get into an debate about whether or not you can iron a decal on with a household iron.  

There are plenty of companies that offer decals ready to iron on.  I was hoping someone on this board might know how they ship them.

Thanks 

Shirlnan

I think the debate really was are you selling a product that will hold up over time and what the chances are a customer can get it to hold up when they do it.    some on here try to produce a quality product that last longer than it takes the check to clear from payment.  good luck - I'm outta this one

• Like 4

Stacked with wax paper between them.

I'd recommend parchment paper instead of wax paper, the silicon is less likely to flake off onto the adhesive than wax...

The backing/liner off of vinyl works well, too.

It doesn't flake when I bake with it... or does it?

Was not trying to make a debate was just simply stating that an iron can be used.. Never shipped any iron on decals.. Sorry i started a small debate. My apologies

Debates keep things from getting boring as long as they don't go out of control. Some of the best info I have learned has been the result of some heated conversations on here.

• Like 2

Did the parchment paper work?  I need to send something to my friend and want a way to send

Many thanks!