Sign in to follow this  
KRStudios

Please help! Plotter not closing cuts

I have a Graphtec CE5000-120 and after someone (who shall remain nameless) used it, destroyed the cutting strip, and messed with settings, it is no longer closing the cuts on letters and shapes. 

I have replaced the teflon cutting strip, I have changed out the blade and the blade holder, I have checked the blade and holder for dirt/vinyl reminants, etc; I have put a drop of oil into the holder, I have tried everything that I have seen suggested for people having a similar problem and nothing seems to be working. I am open to other suggestions! Thanks!!

10620973_10202421670920810_1582372224_n_

what is the blade offset set at?   It should be Zero  0....  Also have you tried the factory reset??  Turn power off,   turn cutter back on while holding down the UP arrow...  Also use overcut in your cutting software... 

Is the carriage head snug and tight.. Carriage arm not broken?    White carriage wheels, down firmly in track? ,,  Make sure the grit rollers on the bottom are tight,   as well as the pinch rollers on top,,,

Never be pulling directly from a roll of vinyl,  always have slack vinyl to pull from..  prefeed your vinyl..

I have tried restoring factory defaults. There are two different offset settings- offset angle and offset force. which one should be zero?

what is the blade offset set at?   It should be Zero  0....  Also have you tried the factory reset??  Turn power off,   turn cutter back on while holding down the UP arrow...  Also use overcut in your cutting software... 

Is the carriage head snug and tight.. Carriage arm not broken?    White carriage wheels, down firmly in track? ,,  Make sure the grit rollers on the bottom are tight,   as well as the pinch rollers on top,,,

Never be pulling directly from a roll of vinyl,  always have slack vinyl to pull from..  prefeed your vinyl..

I found the other place to change offset and realized my plotter was set for a blade different than what i am using. THANKS! :)

• Like 1

I have tried restoring factory defaults. There are two different offset settings- offset angle and offset force. which one should be zero?

Offset force    zero   What cutting software are you using?

offset on the cutting screen should be 0 the one under advance is the on you change for the type of blade your using and what the it says on the setting. I use cleancut 60* and they say use .45 for offset angle (In advance) 

Condition: drop down

Offset 0

speed

acceleration

cut force

Advance: drop down:

step pass

offset angle (45) cleancut 60*) this is what most over look

init. Force

speed