Spunky.Fresh.Designs

I HAVE ARRIVED!!

I made another post but since I've had so many responses here I thought I would ask again here.

Where do I start with pricing? & and where do I start with writing up a contract for interior wall graphics?

Those are things I could be doing while waiting for the equipment to arrive but I don't even know where to start.

Thanks guys  :D

This isn't a bad place to check your pricing...they don't have an app for

wall graphics though.

http://www.thesignexpert.com/Sign_Business_Free_Sign_Price_Calculators.html

BUT you should take into account YOUR expenses and overhead....

figure your price and see how it compares to others in your area.

:ph34r:  Secret Shopper time!

Sign & graphic prices 70 miles to our east (Washington DC) are quite

a bit higher than here.

Sue2

You Asked about weeding tools I found a good pair of tweezers wotk well for grabbing the vinyl so it doesn't slip and land on the vinyl decal.  I bought a pair of Rubis tweezers like the ones below

post-24657-0-96843200-1408348745_thumb.j

• Like 1

You Asked about weeding tools I found a good pair of tweezers wotk well for grabbing the vinyl so it doesn't slip and land on the vinyl decal.  I bought a pair of Rubis tweezers like the ones below

I use these also. I re-sharpen them every so often on a honing stone.

I will check them out. :))

Floridians-- what kind of occupational license do you have and do you possibly have any links or info on insurance?

I have been thinking I could possibly list myself as a mural artist... Here is another aspect of startup that I am lost.

Again..thank you thank you thank you!

That's also my go to weeding tool.

I RECEIVED MY ORDER!  and a day early.   HOOOOORAAAAAY!

Sounds exciting. Looking forward to hearing more.

"Who cares about the cool factor of what the machine looks like"

If the customers don't see your machine sitting right there as they come into the shop, then of course it's irrelevant.

However, if the cutter is placed in a position where it forms a visual impact in the front area, where clients are standing, then it matters.

From what I'm understanding of your workspace, you aren't going to have walk-in traffic of clients.

In that case, yes, who cares.

No. No walk in customers.  

I think I'm almost done with all my shopping at least to get me going.  Can someone go through this list with me and see if I'm missing the basics?

53" cutter

Vinyl- bundled package

Premask

Premask roller

Masking tape

Scissors

Exactos

tweezers

Signblazer

I am, however getting hung up on two simple buys....A safety ruler and squeegees.  I'm just going to go with the big foot 43"

I read the squeegee article and I think I should be getting Nylon squeegees from what I understand.  But USCutter doesn't say what type their squeegees are but industry standard, felt or teflon.  I've scoured the internet trying to find a place that wasn't going to charge me 15 bucks for shipping a couple of squeegees.  

Just buy a basic Fiskars see through at wallmart or a craft store to get you by for a week (24-1/2" x 6-1/2"). I kind of like the white hard squeegee's that USCutter sells. I don't like the super cheapo's that are yellow colored because they are always warped. 3M are all good. The gold is my personal fav but the blue is real flexible if you have uneven substrates. If you don't particularly like a squeegee give it to a good customer as a freebie and they won't know the difference. (I buy most of my 3M ones from a local supply house.

Cool factor is why I put a graphtec decal on my vinyl express cutter. That and when they get nosey and Google it they come up with a high dollar professional machine so they're less inclined to start their own business on the side.

• Like 3

Cool factor is why I put a graphtec decal on my vinyl express cutter. That and when they get nosey and Google it they come up with a high dollar professional machine so they're less inclined to start their own business on the side.

Aaahhh yeeaaahhh! Us old guys fight dirty. Ha ha ha!

No. No walk in customers.  

I think I'm almost done with all my shopping at least to get me going.  Can someone go through this list with me and see if I'm missing the basics?

53" cutter

Vinyl- bundled package

Premask

Premask roller

Masking tape

Scissors

Exactos

tweezers

Signblazer

I am, however getting hung up on two simple buys....A safety ruler and squeegees.  I'm just going to go with the big foot 43"

I read the squeegee article and I think I should be getting Nylon squeegees from what I understand.  But USCutter doesn't say what type their squeegees are but industry standard, felt or teflon.  I've scoured the internet trying to find a place that wasn't going to charge me 15 bucks for shipping a couple of squeegees.  

I see you're much more patient then I am.  

Don't get the bundle packages.  

Only 1 or 2 people here will use greenstar on a final product.   Everyone else uses Oracal

Get a few colors to start with.  Then start collecting colors as you go.  

Now does premask = Application tape???

You can make a App tape holder super cheap, I wouldn't buy one.  I think mine cost $12 to make.

Search here for DIY ideas.  

Here's my work table. 2 saw horse holding up a 4'x8' piece of counter top board (I forget what it's called.)

App tape holder is 2 "L" brackets with 2 clothing rod holders bolted to it.  Then I slide a 1" PVC pipe through it.  post-69458-0-56678200-1408500371_thumb.j

Everything else isn't bad to have.  

Wow. Wish I would have seen this earlier. I already have plans for the table. Pretty much the same as yours except I'm going to use 2x4s and castors since I need the table to move easily while it's not in use. (Sharing warehouse space)

I like your premask roller better though. I wonder how much return shipping is for what I bought. Where did you buy your mat?