Sign in to follow this  
edge

Cleaning & Lubing The Head Action?

Has anyone else found it necessary to clean and lube the two down force guide pins and associated bearings in a CE5000 series cutter? What did you use?

I never heard of anyone doing it but if you do decide to you should probably use a light oil like 3-in-1 oil.

When the head is not energized, the spring tension causes it to rest against a synthetic pad. No idea why, but it appeared as though the pad on my cutter had developed a tac, which required the coil to energize multiple times prior to releasing. So the first several cut lines of any project never produced. A good cleaning appears to have resolved that problem. Thx for your feedback, as it got me to thinking lack of lubrication probably was not the problem. 

It may very well be the previous owner used a fine machine oil to lube this area and that it turn caused the tac to develop on the synthetic piece. I'm only guessing at this point.

at least you got whatever it was figured out and dialed in - there is always multiples paths to an end.