Sign in to follow this  
303Decal

Time to Upgrade! Suggestions?

So I currently have the MH-871 MK1 & the MK2. Both 36"

The MK2 has such little hours on it, but I broke the carriage arm, and honestly just did not like it compared to the MK1.

But now my MK1 is giving me issues with larger cuts not finishing the cut, or dove tailing and im thinking its time to replace them.

I was contemplating the SC series machines, or the Laserpoint II machines USCutter offers. I want a rolland, or a graphtec but its way out of budget, and im just not there yet to have such an expensive machine. Im looking to spend up to $500, less the better.

Any suggestions in that price range?

Thanks Everyone. 

Other than really loud, The SC works perfect for me right now. I want to upgrade to a servo machine, but for now the SC is making the money flow in.

• Like 1

You could save that $500 and watch Craigslist and find someone selling a used graphtec or roland for about $1200 or less.

I picked up a used graphtec ce5000-60 for $600 It was still new and used 1 time to cut 1 design. the guy had to sell cause of a bill that need to pay.

Big Big difference between the lower-end cutters and the higher-end ones. servo vs stepper motor better tracking etc. I wont knock the lower-end since I owned 2 and made the money to buy. Im getting a Ce6000-60 next when someone gets into this business and its more than what they bargain for lol.

• Like 1

Like djque said watch craigslist or take a road trip to Knoxville TN.  

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/ele/4585364845.html'>http://knoxville.craigslist.org/ele/4585364845.html

Edit:  Sorry that one is over budget.... But on the plus side it looks like they are desperate to sell oit...  So maybe the deal can get even better!

yup been on there for 20 days if they still have it hit them with $600 bet they jump on it. I would give them $600 if I was close.

Do you require a 30" size?  Or will the 24" be enough?

The LPII with stand and media basket is probably your best value.

USCUTTER no longer is offering the CP2500, apparently.