Dakotagrafx

been a little scarce

and probably will be for a couple more weeks - busy with many of lifes challenges but catching up now  - on the positive side you may have seen the new truck that took weeks to get . . . got it then yesterday sent it back to have the under the bed 5th wheel mount put in I wanted.  wife called and said her cell phone died so we took the truck up a day early and went cell shopping 2 hrs away (saved $100 per phone x 3)  while shopping got a call from the service MANAGER freaking out that he didn't think they could add the factory kit to the truck - didn't have a clue how even with directions. said call him today - when I did he said he had a good sleep, coffee this am and was getting it done.  so one more hurdle handled.  now I only need the part that mounts to those mounts - that the hitch attaches to and will be ready to sell the old truck (has a whole 69,300 miles on a 2003).

so just a long winded rant to say why I haven't been around other than to ban some spammers - will be back after some rest - if you are near the potato creek campground this weekend look up the old camper on the old truck!

new truck

Mount - this is what a bed SHOULD look like  with the mount out - no rails just clean bed!

post-2742-0-14486700-1407891320_thumb.jp

post-2742-0-10515500-1407891444_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Is that dirt on the new truck already?

:rolleyes: 

Sue2

• Like 1

Hemi yes - spray bed - leaning toward bedrug right now - after other truck sells - really had nothing in the other truck other than horse mat for 11 years

pic is old truck taken a couple days ago - was going to have it sprayed when I bought it and my friend that has a body shop said why do you want to pay me to sand your new bed and spray it - wait a few years then do it so it looks new - never got around to it

post-2742-0-97133600-1407953057_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Tony Stewart has/had been scheduled to make his annual appearance in Lakeville for Hoosier Tire today. Imagine he'll be long gone by the time you get there. 

I've been to Potato Creek twice in my lifetime and that was more than enough to satisfy. Figure you must either have horses or return to meet other people?

Tony Stewart has/had been scheduled to make his annual appearance in Lakeville for Hoosier Tire today. Imagine he'll be long gone by the time you get there. 

I've been to Potato Creek twice in my lifetime and that was more than enough to satisfy. Figure you must either have horses or return to meet other people?

oh great traffic unless they are gone tomorrow or he doesn't show up.  actually we like the hiking trails there and it isn't so crowded.  wish I could figure a way to get the kayaks there without taking 2 vehicles that far.   if my daughter and future sil ever get the same weekend off it would work great.  on the horses I lost them to the first wife, sure did miss those horses for a while.

I would imagine Tony Stewart will be in hiding for a while

I doubt it ....what kind of idiot runs into moving traffic on a dusty dirt track .....what the hell was he planning on doing kicking the cars ass as it passed.

making progress while trying to get orders out - wow - hope to get all the kinks worked out - got the hitch in today and tested. amazing auto slider from pullrite - weighs as much as a small car but love it so now I can sell the old truck!  the car I just sold barely covered the hitch cost with installation of under body parts - I installed and adjusted everything bed up.
going to order low profile feet for the hitch to lower the front 1.5" then figure a way to raise the camper a bit maybe - but if you are in a campground and see this rig stop by and just say you are from usc forum!  this is the traveling hospitality center!

post-2742-0-16427300-1408416505_thumb.jp

post-2742-0-24913500-1408416512_thumb.jp

• Like 1