thevaik

USCutter MH721-MK2 suddenly rotating image and slicing through vinyl

I have a MH721-MK2 and am using SignCut software. I am currently facing to issues

1) For some cuts the plotter will suddenly rotate my image 90 degrees. I am not sure what is causing this but when it happens the plotter will simply go to the next point and make a 90 degree diagonal cut as it does not lift the blade. Not all of my images have this issue and those that do have this issue will rotate at exactly the same point each time. Sometimes if I rotate my image before cutting it will not rotate in the middle of a cut.

2) The pressure while cutting heat adhesive vinyl is too high even on the lowest setting (10g). This is causing the vinyl to bend which is screwing up small lettering.

Unfortunately I lost my Sir Cuts Alot key when my computer crashed and SignCut is the only software I have available.

Any help is appreciated

Thank you.

Your saying the force is too high,  sounds like your blade length is too far out of blade holder.   Set your blade depth like this.below.

Sounds like you are using USB connection, always best to be on a serial.connection or a Keyspan Adapter, That is the brand name made by Tripplite ,Serial card in computer

Make sure your cutter is grounded to the stand if you have one. 

to start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 1

Make sure that the cutter is not having to pull the vinyl off of the roll on its own, on mine with the weight of 50 yd rolls it can start cutting at 90 degrees from where it started when it hits that tension.

Donn

Your saying the force is too high,  sounds like your blade length is too far out of blade holder.   Set your blade depth like this.below.

Sounds like you are using USB connection, always best to be on a serial.connection or a Keyspan adapter,  Serial card in computer

Make sure your cutter is grounded to the stand if you have one. 

to start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

My cutter is fully grounded - I am using the USB, I may try the keyspan adapter. I find it very odd that it will rotate the graphic at exactly the same spot each time. It will cut most of the graphic how I set it to then all of a sudden it decides on its own to start cutting out from a differently angle. So if I am just cutting words half my words at correct then the other half at 90 degrees to the original.

As for the blade - it is barely sticking out, I can't even feel it if I drag my finger across it.

I never had an issue with Sir Cuts Alot - could all this be caused by software issues?

Normally you would want to make sure that the driver is installed from uscuttersupport.com. The go to craftedge.com and download the latest sure cuts a lot 3 pro which at this time is 3.070. Make sure that the program is not running when updating. In the CUT settings make sure that it is set to MH and then then make sure that the connection is USB and that the connection is PRINTER -uscutter series. 

This should be sufficient. If this does not cut correctly then change the cut mode to WYSIWYG and then try cutting. In this case be careful about image placement since the cutting can start 2 inches or so...etc into your vinyl. 

Third, if this does not work then make sure that you press 'setup' and then change the baud rate to 4800 and go into sure cuts a lot 3 pro to the cut screen by clicking on the scissors icon and then click on 'settings' which you will see the baud rate there. The make that baud rate 4800 and then save. This should help as well. if all steps are done then I would call technical support at: 1 888 975 2047 and they can help you more but this is as far as I know.