arty-rc

Robin Williams

I have little respect or sampathy for anyone that takes their own life leaving all the pain that they could not bear for the loved ones to bear. He was a good actor but in my opinion took the cowards way out.

• Like 6

I agree.

I loved Robin, great actor and comedian. But apparently he had alcohol and drug issues and depression. But yeah suicide is the cowardly way out.

My prayers go to his family, friends, and fans.

R.I.P but I dont think I would be able to kill myself. Couldnt pull the trigger. Depression is serious if that person is not feeling like they are worth something to just 1 person they can take. There life.

Depression is a mental sickness. I don't think he was a coward. I feel bad for his loved ones.

• Like 1

Robin Williams committed suicide today. The news will cover it extensively. People who didn't know him will cry out that it's a major loss to them.

On average, 23 Veterans will also commit suicide today, because the ravages ruined their mind. The news will NOT cover this. Nobody but the families will notice.

Robin Williams starred in a movie about Vietnam. Many Veterans who will kill themselves served there.

As you were.

• Like 11

I read that article BannerJohn...and its true and kinda stupid.

We all knew of Robin Williams...we all dont know every veteran out there.

My brother is a 16year USMC vet with 3 tours over in the sandbox, the public doesnt know his name.

My grandpa was a ww2 vet, again the public didnt know him.

Veterans are not celebrities and each one is not well known to the world.

And as far as all the vets I know, they dont seek nor want public fame. They do what they do, did what they did, for this country, and arent seeking public fame for it.

I salute all our vets, and would put them up on a pedalstool right away, they dont get the appreciation they deserve...but appreciation isnt the same as fame.

Milions and millions knew of Robin Williams thru movies and comedy...how many know of SSG Mike Deloach who works at a Horse and Cattle Feed plant and is dealing with PTSD?..

How many know PFC Jack Freeman who died in 2009 of cancer and worked his life as a welder for Red River Depot...?

I went to Red River Army Depot in Texarkana for a school on MRAP's a couple of years ago. I know off topic, but saw RRD sorry.

I have little respect or sampathy for anyone that takes their own life leaving all the pain that they could not bear for the loved ones to bear. He was a good actor but in my opinion took the cowards way out.

I agree. I loved Robin, great actor and comedian. But apparently he had alcohol and drug issues and depression. But yeah suicide is the cowardly way out. My prayers go to his family, friends, and fans.

Unless you've been at the bottom of that hole you will never understand.  There's a battle in you head that you can't figureout. 

You're overwelmed with sadness for no reason at all. 

I've been Very close to the bottom and being a coward isn't something you think about.   To this day I can't understand what was going through my head but I did figure out a way to win the battle. 

You guys are like my Brother.  He doesn't and can't understand what I went through.  And like him I will tell you You'll never understand unless you've been there. 

Through everthing I found out my mother understood because she had been there also.  That bond is what helped me out. 

I know one day the battle might start again but I know I'll be better prepared. 

I completely understand you have a right to your opionon.  And I can understand why you would think that.  but I don't agree with you. 

• Like 2

I was fine after Iraq, but Afghanistan did something to me. I'm on Prozac to try to control it and probably going to get on Xanax. It's not fun, but I won't do that. If you're hurting bad enough, you'll do what you have to to make it stop. Unfortunately nobody knew he was having this problem. If you have your leg trapped, you'll cut it off to survive kind of thing. I hate this happened to such a funny and full of life guy.

I went to Red River Army Depot in Texarkana for a school on MRAP's a couple of years ago. I know off topic, but saw RRD sorry.

Yep my gpa was a welder there..from when he got back from ww2 til he retired.

I read that article BannerJohn...and its true and kinda stupid.

We all knew of Robin Williams...we all dont know every veteran out there.

My brother is a 16year USMC vet with 3 tours over in the sandbox, the public doesnt know his name.

My grandpa was a ww2 vet, again the public didnt know him.

Veterans are not celebrities and each one is not well known to the world.

And as far as all the vets I know, they dont seek nor want public fame. They do what they do, did what they did, for this country, and arent seeking public fame for it.

I salute all our vets, and would put them up on a pedalstool right away, they dont get the appreciation they deserve...but appreciation isnt the same as fame.

Milions and millions knew of Robin Williams thru movies and comedy...how many know of SSG Mike Deloach who works at a Horse and Cattle Feed plant and is dealing with PTSD?..

How many know PFC Jack Freeman who died in 2009 of cancer and worked his life as a welder for Red River Depot...?

You missed the point entirely.

• Like 1

The point seemed to be that the news doesnt cover veteran suicides...but it will cover the suicide death of a famous celebrity extensively.

so why did you refer to it as 'stupid' and ramble on about all the other stuff?

Because if the media covered every sodliers death extensively..thats all they would be doing 24/7.

And as I said, they are going to cover a celebrity's death like crazy because the celebrity is famous and everyone knows about them....not everybody knows every vet that dies..

When my gpa died in 2009 from stomach cancer, there wasnt any media coverage, when my brother got blown up in Iraq and was in the hospital for a year he wasnt in the news....because they dont have millions and millions of people who know them.

and soldiers dont want fame or media coverage...they just want appreciation.

Mainstream media is only going to cover the big stories that millions of people know about...everyone knew of Robin Williams..only maybe a hundred people know of my brother and my grandpa.

Here's a clue.... the point of it was the problem of veteran Suicide in general...which is barely covered by the media at all.

Let's end it at that. I'm not going to have this turn into one of your famous 3 page discourses.

• Like 1

I understand that John.. but we have to realize that our mainstream media is highly controlled by organizations with deep pockets.

Unless you've been at the bottom of that hole you will never understand. There's a battle in you head that you can't figureout.

You're overwelmed with sadness for no reason at all.

I've been Very close to the bottom and being a coward isn't something you think about. To this day I can't understand what was going through my head but I did figure out a way to win the battle.

You guys are like my Brother. He doesn't and can't understand what I went through. And like him I will tell you You'll never understand unless you've been there.

Through everthing I found out my mother understood because she had been there also. That bond is what helped me out.

I know one day the battle might start again but I know I'll be better prepared.

I completely understand you have a right to your opionon. And I can understand why you would think that. but I don't agree with you.

I have never been that depressed and never will. In my 66 years i have seen a lot of things that were terrible saw,several people

Killed and lost many loved ones but i never turned to drugs or drinking maybe it is just me and i am stronger or i have a stronger perserverance then others i dont know but one thing i am certain of i would never leave a pain like that to my loved ones not on pourpose any way. I like my life too much ...the Devil will have to drag my ass out when it is finally time.

I belive the quote that John posted was trying to relay that brave men that has seen the worst that humanity can offer and decided to end it will not get the he was a great person like Robin Williams even though in reality they were far greater in the schem of things

In in the end you did not take the easy way out you were stronger then that.

Depression takes complete control of your mind and nothing else matters. You just want to stop the pain!!! 

Ive been down the depression road...financially, emotionally, spiritually.

I had tons of college debt and credit card debt, couldnt make ends meet, had no girlfriend, was lonely, depressed, and isolated. I never touched drugs tho.

Every phone call was a bill collector, I ignored and blocked their calls, changed my phone number many times. I feared going to my mailbox to get all the debt collection letters, I got them and piled them up in a box, eventually got a shredder and shredded them. I had lost my job I had held for 6 years, I cried myself to sleep, i had no one to turn to, I sat on the couch with a knife many nights..

I was always a hard worker, straight A student, graduated with honors, but had nothing but bad luck. I prayed and prayed to God, no answers, was in the pits. I felt even God abandoned me.

Finally after working 3 part time jobs for several years I landed a better paying job with benefits. After 4 years of working there I was finally introduced to the woman who would become my wife. I still had a load of debt, and she was willing to help me.

Soon we will celebrate our 2 yr anniversary, and we have cut my debt down to about half of what it was.

And tho I grow tired of my job now because I have found a new passion in vinyl cutting, graphics, shirts, glass etching.

My new ambition is to grow my home based business and eventually quit working at my fulltime job where I work to make someone else rich.

We go to church often, we pray together, and we love each other. My biggest adventure of being a dad is soon coming!

• Like 3

He made a gorilla laugh!

Koko (coco) was depressed at the loss of Michael her companion but when Robin came to meet her, she actually smiled and giggled!!!

She literally knew who he was, and spent hours with him.

Amazing scene starts at 2:10

Everyone I ever heard of liked Robin Williams. He was a funny entertainer. Obviously we only see what we see and he had some personal demons which shouldn't be surprising. I am friends with two families that have had suicides (both were fathers) and I see the pain and further injury that the surviving family had to go through. I have never fought depression so I can only speak from my limited experience but I have had pain a couple times that was bad enough I was okay with dying to be over it. I never considered taking my own life to be rid of it though. 

• Like 1