iamandy

Decals on a Lease

I have a client who is interested in doing decals on his new company car. The only setback is his company car is a lease. IS there any reason we shouldn't go forward with the decals on his car? 

on the glass, no. Easily removed without damage. On the body of the car...I would do the decals but NOT the install. If nothing else, left on long enough the paint's natural fading will leave a mark where the decals were.

• Like 1

I would just let him know of the potential "Damage" that could occur due to fading and that his lease may make him responsible for removing them prior to returning the vehicle. If the decals are related to his company, they may be willing to pay the extra to have them on. 

Or.... as another option you could tell your client to come back in six months and you'll reposition new vinyl on his company lease vehicle with a repeat discount agreeable to both of you. In all likelihood if he encounters enough shopping carts and automatic car washes in the interim, he'll view this as a favor on your part and you'll be generating future business, creating a WIN WIN for both of you.  

Many companys use lease veichles and cover the veichle with lettering an graphics that the lease company i assume removes at the ebd of the lease. I have bought several off lease vans and most times ghost lettering remains. Many years ago i use to lease my trucks and there was never a problem with the lettering and at that time they were painted on not vinyl. Some lease companys even offer a graphic package option on the leased veichle.