ispperformance

What materials for Wall Art / Quotes

I have been installing Vinyl Wall art in customers homes for quite some time now. This process is sometimes cumbersome, and has a lot of room for error, as the vinyl doesn't want to stick, the transfer tape won't release the vinyl or grabs the wall too hard etc etc... 

I am going to offer some wall art / quotes for sale on my website, and if the customer will be installing themselves the process needs to be much easier. What vinyl and transfer tape do you guys use / recommend for the vinyl wall art business that is easy to work with? I seen a local pizza shop owner installing some internet purchased vinyl wall art, and they were going on so easy.... What am I missing here?

OMG OMG!! I had the same problem! We did 3 installs with the 631 and used regualy transfer tape. It was a totaly bitch getting the vinyl to stick to the wall.

Then as I poked along on here, everyone told me to use HT55.

It was a mirical!

I dunno who said on here, might have been J Bird but...

"Right tools for the right job."

OMG OMG!! I had the same problem! We did 3 installs with the 631 and used regualy transfer tape. It was a totaly bitch getting the vinyl to stick to the wall.

Then as I poked along on here, everyone told me to use HT55.

It was a mirical!

I dunno who said on here, might have been J Bird but...

"Right tools for the right job."

Been thinking about getting more involved with the wall art thing myself except people keep coming in with some printout off etsy or ebay for a whole wall for $20 and want me to price match. Ummm, no lol.

Been thinking about getting more involved with the wall art thing myself except people keep coming in with some printout off etsy or ebay for a whole wall for $20 and want me to price match. Ummm, no lol.

I have stayed away from it, because there are too many variables as to the paint the buyers use. They don't have a clue, as to teflon and those type of paints to keep the dirt off.  And of course they will blame the seller...  I have seen too many bad feed backs on sellers sites who are selling  wall art..  "I put it up, and it peeled right off.the wall in 10 minutes"....  

• Like 1

Mine would be local sales only but I can see where that could hurt a business and no matter what you say it's never the wall or the installer, always the sellers fault.

• Like 1

I had a neutral removed a few days ago... Item is described perfect..It could not be anything but a solid color vinyl stripe with the sizes listed.. Straight rectangle. The buyer left a Neutral,  "Just not what I was thinking"   So, now they are blaming sellers because they CAN"T think...He never asked any questions prior to purchase.   He had a feedback of 16.    I found this guy on Facebook and he is a project manager , so he claims...  He did hot even  read the ad...  gotta blame someone,,  I told him he was unreasonable and asked him what else it could it have been?  He never replied.   But it was removed...and he was blocked.

Brains are no longer standard equipment kind of like turn signals. Some use them some don't.