Sign in to follow this  
hocus65

MH 871 not cutting straight

Trying to cut a rally stripe 55" long , 11" center stripe with a 1/4 space on the outside edge with 1/4 stripe outside edges.Im using 751 high performance vinyl....when i try to cut the vinyl the material tracks off in one direction. Ive tried adjusting the tension on the rollers that hold material and nothing seems to help it track straight.

Value cutters like you purchased,  take A LOT of experience and tweaking in to set up to track correctly..especially for straight stripes. and with a pinstripe even more problems...  This is why people buy a Graphtec or a Roland.  They track GREAT..   I would not be practicing with CAST vinyl....  Use a pen and paper... 

You could use a software with OPTIMIZE cutting order or  STEP BY STEP cutting, which will help...  It will start with the first section, then advance to next section, until it is all the way to the end. INSTEAD of cutting to the end and back several times, That is where the tracking goes off...

• Like 1

Also, you should always be pre feeding the vinyl for the amount of order, never be pulling directly from a roll while cutting, this will throw off the tracking. The vinyl should be slack behind the vinyl cutter for the amount of the order. You can pre feed the vinyl and see how it is tracking..  Make sure the pinch rollers are the same equal distance on the edge of the vinyl.  The pinch roller and grit marks on the vinyl do not hurt anything,  When you apply the vinyl they will be gone....

Flexistarter 10 has optimize cutting order. As far as the least expensive of the Flexi family.  On up to higher versions.

Yep, Skeeter is right on the money. I had a P-Cut for several years and used the heck out of SignCut Pro's step-by-step cutting. If you are just doing one job you might try out the free 7 day trial. I can tell you from experience that step-by-step is fantastic for long graphics like you are contemplating but is not good for really complex stuff with tons of lines or text. Especially with text, the cutter just isn't accurate enough to connect all the lines correctly. IF it was you no longer need the step-by-step.

You basically have to go about things differently. If I had a long graphic and text too, I would break them out and cut each separately. This often used twice the vinyl but I bid that into the job knowing that was what it was going to take for me to build it. 

Sorry about the late post....want to thank everybody for the help.....got done what I needed and learned a few things in the process....thanks again

• Like 4