duke

importing

Hi all, I have been away for awhile, and have forgotten how to import items into SB.

I have been trying for 2 hours, and am about to smash computer  :-[

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards, duke.

I have vectorized images, I click send to SB but nothing happens, I try same way to vector cut, but same result.

You must save the  vector file to your computer,like documents,  then import the vector file, from where you saved the file to....like documents.  And the vector file should be an older .eps file like version 8, because Signblazer has not been updated for years. 

I tried that but no go, so is there any way I can import direct to vector cut, from inkscape? I have tried, but nothing comes up in inkscape.

I bought my P-CUT 630 just b4 Jerry passed away, and never got compensated with any other cutting software.

So I am stuck with SB. :'(

I got mine just before he passed too but somehow I don't think Jerry will be compensating us anytime soon. I now use corel and cut from flexi but I've heard a lot of good things about vinyl master software

I bought my P-CUT 630 just b4 Jerry passed away, and never got compensated with any other cutting software.

So I am stuck with SB. :'(

Your not stuck,,,you can purchase other cutting software that is compatible with your Pcut... Flexistarter 10 can be had for under $130. On EBAY...That is all that I have used for 7 years...Flexistarter 8.6.  Why would you be compensated? You got the software. Other cutting software you have to purchase for upgrades.    They don't give it to you FREE.  Jerry's biz closed when he passed away.

Many new members on here  still use Signblazer.  because it's FREE. 

Maybe post your file. it it's not a copyright...

Inkscape only imports certain formats like svg..

Have you tried to copy & paste it from inkscape?  Highlight it in inkscape go to edit copy then open Sign Blazer and see if you can go to edit and clipboard paste and see if that will work.

I copy & paste from Corel.

Sue2

Have you tried to copy & paste it from inkscape?  Highlight it in inkscape go to edit copy then open Sign Blazer and see if you can go to edit and clipboard paste and see if that will work.

I have tried cut and paste, and i get a window with about 10 buttons, like --delete etc;

I have tried cut and paste, and i get a window with about 10 buttons, like --delete etc;

It says copy and paste,  Not cut and paste...    It is EDIT> COPY,,,  then go the the program like SB blazer.  Click the board,  EDIT> PASTE   I am using WINDOWS  XP

Same result as cut and paste.

Maybe you could describe what you are doing, from Cad, with this file, or show some screenshots...  By the way,  have you ever used these files in Signblazer before? 

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

This is one I have cut b4, I rastered and vectorised it, sent it to vector cut ok, but it won't cut.

I tried another from the same period as this, and it cut ok.

FYI, I am using pen,not blade.

hmmm!!  "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." can't copy and paste pics.

Some files cannot be posted here, because they belong to a certain program...  Like FS is a Flexi file,  etc  only  Signblazer and common files like eps  ai, jpeg  etc files can be on this forum , This forum was not created to accept every file format there is.  Just from reading a little bit  it looks like cad files are dwg  or dxf  files

What file format are your files? 

I tried that but no go, so is there any way I can import direct to vector cut, from inkscape? I have tried, but nothing comes up in inkscape.

Did you try opening it, or importing it. They are not the same thing in SignBlazer. SB can only "open" SB files but it can "import" ai, eps, and a few others I think.