Hoping someone can help me out here -

Just got a new Titan 24" cutter with SCALP, when I click 'cut' on the program, it gives me the window saying "Cutting data was sent to the cutting machine", however the plotter doesn't even budge.

Any thoughts? All drivers and what not are set up, I don't see any obvious reasons why it's not working. It's connected via Serial, by the way. 

With my Titan, I could never get my computer to see it under serial. Switched to USB and everything is fine.

• Like 1

I have had my Titan 28" cutter for 2 months.  A 15 minute conversation with tech support and I was up and running.

I read extensively here before I bought the Titan.  After getting my cutter, setting it up, and having immediate success, I realized that most of the issues mentioned here are due to people not reading the manual, following directions, and taking the time to get all the settings correct including blade depth.

I know that is not a popular thing to say, but it is true.  For example:  Users complain about their cutter stopping in the middle of a job or just cutting part of the job.  If you turn the cutter off in between each job.....this is not a problem.  This dumps old jobs out of the cutters "print" buffer (memory) and makes room for the next job.

I see all the issues mentioned here on the forum but have been lucky and well planned enough....not to experience them.

So my advice to new users, or those planning on buying a cutter?   Be patient...set the cutter up correctly....do your homework, and you will probably have a pleasant experience like I have.

I'm not a USCutter tech support guy, I received no reward, discounts, or freebies for this post.  It's just simply the truth.  If you do your part....your USCutter will reward you with a good experience.

my titan2 fired right up with scalp using usb - the titan uses a real usb not an emulation chip to talk to the computer - so no need for serial with it

• Like 3

Can anyone explain why my Titan 3 isn't cutting at all? It goes thru the motions, however, the plunger containing the blade doesn't move. It's a brand new machine. I tried test cut and tried it off the Vinylmaster and it does the same thing.

Can anyone explain why my Titan 3 isn't cutting at all? It goes thru the motions, however, the plunger containing the blade doesn't move. It's a brand new machine. I tried test cut and tried it off the Vinylmaster and it does the same thing.

call support for troubleshooting on the new machine -  could be many things and good to catch them while they are open

Hoping someone can help me out here -

Just got a new Titan 24" cutter with SCALP, when I click 'cut' on the program, it gives me the window saying "Cutting data was sent to the cutting machine", however the plotter doesn't even budge.

Any thoughts? All drivers and what not are set up, I don't see any obvious reasons why it's not working. It's connected via Serial, by the way. 

Check your baud rate under cutter settings in your cutting software.  I believe it needs to be set to 13800.  I had that issue when I received my titan.

Quick response --

From what you just posted, it seems that the Z-axis function is not working.at all.

That is a hardware issue, not a software problem.

Does 38400 baud rate sound better?  That is what it shows it to be in Signcut for Titian 3

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/uscutter-titan-3-setup.php

Thats probably it!!  I am away from my cutting computer and couldn't double check.  I thought in my head I was right but yours sounds right!  Thanks for catching that so fast so hopefully I didn't confuse the OP.

Quick response --

From what you just posted, it seems that the Z-axis function is not working.at all.

That is a hardware issue, not a software problem.

have seen it be a software issue with the wrong drivers but betting hardware

• Like 1