Sign in to follow this  
kracker055

need gelp pricing large order

Yes so a local musician contacted me last night about making some decals for him. He's getting them printed now but nit happy with them because they are fadding. So he wanted a quote on 1000 of these. They are easy design and 2 simple colors red with white back ground. I've got numbers in my head but need help pricing this. Would love to get this job. They are 3x4 in size

I don't see any way to compete price wise if they were having them printed but how about upselling them on print but with laminate so they last longer.

• Like 1

+1 on the laminate. No way you can compete on price for the amount of work involved to do layered vinyl

Explain to him the benefit of a laminated decal, outsource it, mark it up and move on to the next job. You'll make more money for less work if you can broker the print job.

ok got ya..thats what i was kinda thinking too..how much should i mark up in the end?

Now that depends on what you're paying for it. I have a wholesale printer so I can get a decent markup but I price every job according to who and what it is.

I no longer sell print decals without laminate. They will come back hollering at me when they fade if I give them the cheaper choice so I don't even offer it.

Pm me, I can print, Ill give you a good price, and guide you on what your markup should be.

• Like 1

I no longer sell print decals without laminate. They will come back hollering at me when they fade if I give them the cheaper choice so I don't even offer it.
Haha, been there, done that. If there was one quote that ever stuck in my head it was one from Steve Jobs " People don't know what they want until you show it to them."

I don't want to have to deal with people coming back in a year or two so I just laminate everything and charge accordingly, and never even offer them without laminate.

• Like 1