Sign in to follow this  
captainmcfunk

pen attachment won't touch paper

Hey all,

My plotter is brand new, the MH series 34" (i believe?) - Anyways, im trying to test it out and the pen attachments will not touch the paper.  I've increased the cutpress, but it doesn't do anything.  It's the pen attachment that comes with the cutter, so nothing should be wrong with it i'd imagine.  Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong? I made sure to choose pen in sure cuts alot 3 when testing it. it does look like my piece that holds the pen/blade housing is slanted upwarards to the left side of the black box that holds the blade/pen. Is this normal? it looks level in all of the other videos i've watched. mine is definitely not level and i'm curious as to why it's keeping it from touching the paper?  Also, when I try the blade, the only way the blade gets a clean cut is if I make the blade stick out as far as it can....is there something wrong with my brand new cutter?

Thanks

Make sure the white wheels  of carriage head are  firmly in the track.  They can come out during shipping.  Your carriage head should move smoothly left and right.

• Like 1

think skeeter hit it on the head - at least that is the buzz around town

• Like 1