Sign in to follow this  
303Decal

MH-871 Not finishing cuts?

So I have the MH-871 MK1 & MK2. Been favoring the MK1 and using it as my primary but lately its not finishing cuts on larger decals.

For instance on a 10" x 20" a cut line would start and in the middle slightly move over a little causing a gap in the line. Im using Sure Cuts A lot 3 Pro. 

Any idea why its not doing this? I noticed in the program I pin pointed it down to a node where it cuts off, simplified the image to reduce the nodes, and it still does it. When I preview the cut path before sending it out, everything is connected as it should. So its something with the cutter or cutter settings im assuming. 

Ive swapped USB ports & cables with no luck. When I cut the same image, smaller, it does not do it. So its something with bigger images. 

Any idea? I read with Felxi theres an option for over cut or something like that, is that what I need to be doing but with Sure Cuts A lot? If so, how do I enable it? 

Yes over cut can help on this problem,,, it could also be tracking, The vinyl may be drifting over. Make sure your grit rollers are tight,  they have a set screw in them..

Yes over cut can help on this problem,,, it could also be tracking, The vinyl may be drifting over. Make sure your grit rollers are tight,  they have a set screw in them..

Just checked the set screws and everything is tight. Checked the setting in Sure Cuts A lot and overcut by default is on & set at 1.0mm :/

Does "E Speed" make a difference? Ive never touched it but noticed it was set at +5. Im assuming its the speed moving from cut to cut, so I dropped it to +0, and I noticed it was notable slower and took its time.

Haven't tried it on anything large but on a 10" x 4.5" it did pretty well. 

Try moving the over-cut to 2mm, that's what it took on mine, if over cut is your problem.

Donn

So still no luck. Set it at 2mm overcut and it did it even on the smallest of cuts. Set it to 0mm, it did it. Set it to 1mm, it didnt do it but it will when its a big decal. 

Setting it with a E Speed of +0 with 1mm did it as well. So I took the E Speed back to +5 and it made a clean cut. Im pretty much lost. 

what is your blade offset at?  Do you have your blade depth set correctly?   What brand of vinyl is the pink? 

Blade depth is set correctly, blades are what was included with the machine, .25mm. The pink vinyl came from Imprintables.com, whatever their house brand, calendered is. It has always cut fine and with reverting all settings back to how it was it cuts just fine except when its a huge cut it does what is shown. What I showed above was after messing with the settings it started to do it on any cut no matter the size. 

I wish something was loose so it could be the cause but I just went through everything and nothing is loose, or out of place. Everything seems normal or how it should it. 

I know these machines are cheap but is it bad for them running all day? These past 2 days ive had a large amount of work to where when I start the machine is turned on, first done, weed it, tape it up, start cutting the next. and so on. So the machine sits on all day when I get days like today. Is that not good or does it even matter? 

Maybe post that file so someone else can give it a try to see what happens.

Donn

You should turn off your cutter between cuts, to dump the data from the last order.   I hope your doing that.

Have you cleaned out your blade holder, and made sure nothing is in it? 

And don't post the Broncos file here.

(For your own sake,  I hope your not selling those Denver Bronco decals.)

The glitter one looks like a tracking issue. You can see the overcut but it's not lining up with ther other cut.