Sign in to follow this  
Capt'n Morgan

Whats the Difference of Red and Blue Blade Holder?

Well since I got Corn Holed on the Red blade holder I got, :huh:  What is the difference between the Red and Blue blade holders? Also When I went into the Setting screen of my graphtec I notice it does not list the blade holder mI got and it is an original red blade holder?:huh: wtf Anyways what is the key ingrediant I look for when buying the aftermarket ones like off of flee bay?  Thanks :thumbsup:

The blue blade holder is for 0.9mm diameter blades

The red blade holder is for 1.5mm diameter blades

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/docs/Datasheets/Blade-Holder-Plunger-FAQ-JULY-2013-WEB.pdf

I use the Graphtec Cutting Controller to change my settings..  VERY ez right from your computer.   Settings are changed by the blade number  example CB09UA . Not by the blade holder color.

• Like 2

Hey Great thanks Mz. SKEETER    :thumbsup:  now how about for Clean Cut Blades what setting do I use? Boy it sure seemed like a choice was for the holder.... Hmmm guess Ill look again when I get home.   Thanks

I don't use Clean Cut blades.  but they should be the same number as the Graphtec blades.    I have a different cutter, FC7000 and I only change my settings on the Graphtec Cutting Controller.  And it does show the picture of the Blue blade holder as the photo, with a drop down box for different blade numbers. post-3058-0-45262600-1407166409_thumb.jp

Thanks MZ SKEETER, by the way I like yer New Avitar  :rolleyes: On the setup thingy Thats prolly what I'm seeing, I cant read so I just look at the pictures.  :lol:   So does anyone that uses Clean Cut 60 deg Blades, what settings do you use?

Thanks for liking my new avatar. It was given to me by member Skarekrow...... ;D So thanks again Skarekrow..

What settings are you referring to? First you set your blade depth correctly, according to what you are going to cut,,

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 2

i use a cc 60 and don't change anything from factory default.

• Like 1

With cleancut blades u lessen you pressure up to 50% and

the red is for cutting small detailed characters and the blue is for standard vinyl cutting.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="djque" data-cid="367138" data-time="1407168163"><p>

the red is for cutting small detailed characters and the blue is for standard vinyl cutting.</p></blockquote>

The red is heavy duty and is used for thicker and more rigid materials.

A 60 degree blade is for small detail.

ky is right the red is for the heavy stuff like blast resist - personally other than that I use a cc 60 degree for everything - set the offset at 0 and have never touched anything else.

• Like 1

heck I haven't touched any settings except pressure around 14 - other than that it is the way it came into the house