Sign in to follow this  
Capt'n Morgan

SunIE Poor Customer Service

Well I ordered 2 Heat presses from SunIE on 7/26 . One 15X18 swing away  and one for hats.I called them a couple times trying to get a tracking number left them a message to E-mail me one please but "NO SOAP" This last Friday 8/1 I recieved the Hat Press Fedex and never recieved the 15X18 press. I called sunIE of course they never answered the phone so I left them a message telling them who I was, my order #, the story with what happened, then asking them where is my press? Send me an E-Mail or please call and NOTHING! Then I called back Saturday, NOTHING   <_<  So figuring they were trying TO SLIP THE Ole CAPt'n THE GREEN WEENIE!  :blink:   Last night I called PAY PAL and filed a claim on them! The Pay Pal guy was very nice and asured me win loose or draw I wouldn't be out the money I told him all I want is my press ( of course some comp's possibly a fith of Capt'n Morgan would be in order.  :P ).  I dont know about you guys but I try and use Pay Pal whenever I can for that purpose.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I love paypal. Hate the fees as a seller but love the protection as a buyer. Sorry to hear how they're treating you on this deal. Never boght from them so I have no bar to judge previous experience by.

If it's this bad just trying to get a tracking number..imagine how it will be if you ever need service.

I would have given it alittle more time. 

You placed the order on a Saturday. 

It can take a day or 2 to process your order.  The items may have come out of different warehouses.  

So within 4 days you're canceling your order. 

You got the hat press so it's not like they are trying to cheat you.  

A heat press is BIG and Heavy. 

It's getting shipped the slowest and cheapest way possible. 

Just because they aren't reponding doesn't mean you're not going to get it. 

• Like 1

when I needed a replacement timer they had it to me in 2 days - so must be hit and miss- I got my press within a  week and when i needed service they were great.

When I bought my heat press from them the top would not stay open all the way. One phone call to them and I received new springs for it within a few days. Great service in my book!!!!

I would have given it alittle more time. 

You placed the order on a Saturday. 

It can take a day or 2 to process your order.  The items may have come out of different warehouses.  

So within 4 days you're canceling your order. 

You got the hat press so it's not like they are trying to cheat you.  

A heat press is BIG and Heavy. 

It's getting shipped the slowest and cheapest way possible. 

Just because they aren't reponding doesn't mean you're not going to get it. 

+1

I agree with Go-C. Its only been 4 business days, ( 3 technically if you ordered after 5 pm local time )

I highly doubt they have them in stock at their facility. They most likely drop ship them straight from the manufacturer.

I would give them 5 business days for an item of that size before I start poking them for information.

And I believe that Sunie is out of Sparks, Nevada      They sell the Seiki vinyl cutter, and that is where it comes from. 

Buyer is responsible for shipping the items to us.(Nevada, USA)

• Like 1

I have the sunie 15x15 clamshell and it's been great. I have never needed service though so I can't comment on that. I'm almost positive my tracking number was emailed when the press was shipped. Best of luck.

Thanks all.

Well the Slow Boat From China came today from sunIE and inside was a bucked up press, <_< handle bent, machine bent, scuff marks all over it. Rubber foot tore off, on one of the big scuffs it looks like they tried to spray some high gloss paint on the satin finish and it really looks mucked up like they were trying to make refurbished machine out of it and slip it out the door. ^_^ The Hat Press is all miss aligned also. What would you guys ask for them to make it right? I mean I ordered a brand new machines not scratch and dent, look like they got some splanin to do! Thanks

DSCN7912.jpg

DSCN7903.jpg

DSCN7909.jpg

DSCN7918.jpg

DSCN7931.jpg

DSCN7922.jpg

DSCN7935.jpg

DSCN7940.jpg

DSCN7941.jpg

send them all these pics and say exactly what you just told us.

you ordered a new machine, not a scratch & dent. Have them send you a new one, or demand a full refund.

• Like 2

Looks like crap to me but the hat press alignment is easily adjusted if it's like mine my alignment is so rough I leave the locknut loose and let it "autoalign" when I clamp down

• Like 1

Man sorry to hear that Captain. Maybe a road trip to SC is in order :) at least you can get a heat press from Jay and we can go get some BBQ.

Butch

• Like 1

It looks like someone tossed it around during shipping. No excuse for sending one that was scuffed and painted. I got a great press from them but it was over a year ago I guess.

• Like 1

Brother Butch. I retire in 4 months and you just never know where Ole Duke the Capt'n might end up.  :thumbsup: I don't know what ya paid for that press from Jay But I paid 4 bills and I got Corn Holed real good and Ole Duke never even got a SMILE!  :D  I'm sure whatever you paid you came out better than me!  :rolleyes:  What do you guys think about this deal?:huh: A Buck and a Half off the two, A Hundred and quarter off the Big un and 25 off the Lil one..... Or tell them to shove it.. I bought both thru pay pal so I do have protection. And Oh by the way I did send him all these pics and more after I called him and he never called me back! I called him at 5:00 pm my time and 1:00 pm his time explained the circumstances and sent him all pics and told him to call me back and he never did. I called him back at 7:00 my time 3:00 his time left a message and ask him to please contact me today and he still never did. I really would like another press but if he steps up to the plate (as long as the equipment functions correctly) I don't have a problem with the discount. What would you guys do?   Thanks ~Duke

With their lack of contact I would initiate a paypal claim to light a fire under their butts. 

• Like 3

With their lack of contact I would initiate a paypal claim to light a fire under their butts. 

Yeah Jay,

it looks like that is what I am going to have to do today. I called yesterday evening 4 times up to 8:00 pm which is 4:00 pm out in Sparks Nevada (their location) and I kept getting their answering machine and I left yet another message. <_<  What I am going to do today is set the machine up on a table plug it in, and ck out its operation and see if it at least works correctly. Like I said the damage is mostly cosmetic but still a guy doesn't want his stuff looking good and not all mangled up right?   B)   Well I will tell ya right now they are not going to want it back plus a giving me a complete refund or even worse an exchange cause they will hafta pay shipping two more times. As Jay mentioned the Hat press can most likely be adjusted, so that can be fixed I think but the larger Heat Press is the main one in concern. What do you estimate return shipping would be on both of these machines back to sparks Nevada? The reason I ask this may determine what kinda bargain I can make with them. I wish everything would have went perfect but I am hear now and have to make the best of it.  ;)  Thanks

• Like 1

You can figure shipping costs yourself.  Go into UPS.com  or Fedex.com  and figure it... Enter weight. and location to location..

• Like 1

If I were to guess I'd say between $45 and $70 shipping unless they have a lower contract rate with UPS or FedEx.

Doesn't matter what the shipping cost is, it's gonna come out of their pocket. I'd tell em to send a real 'brand new' one, and a return shipping label for the other 'brand new' one. Or, tell paypal that's what you'd like, since you can't connect with them. I have found, you can't bullshit around with these companies, or that's all you're gonna get.

I've got an old Seiki (from Japan), which then became Sunie Seiki, which became Sunie (from China),

• Like 2

Doesn't matter what the shipping cost is, it's gonna come out of their pocket. , you can't bullshit around with these companies, or that's all you're gonna get.

Damn right its gonna come out of their pocket one way or the other!   :lol: No disrespect Brother Knucklehead  But you don't become the Capt'n by proxy, it is earned.   :rolleyes:  This isn't the Ole Captn's first rodeo either. I am a pretty tuff negotiator let me explain myself here. The reason I asked about shipping in the first place and the reason I think it matters is because I called FedEx and that package cost them $136.84 to to my door as it's origin was Sparks Nevada.  It will cost them double that so $273.68 for them to ship me a new it being returned and to reship. I figured sunIE would try and stick FedEx with the damaged shipment when it wasn't all their fault. 

I called FedEx and told them that this machine was or could have been damaged before by the  EARL SHEIBE paint job that was done on it before, most likely from past damage and I sent them pictures to prove it. The FedEx guy thanked me for reporting this to him and took down all of my contact information in case they need to contact me on this. I will also pass this info onto sunIE before they try and embarrass themselves on trying to pull a fast one again. 

EALLSHEIIB.jpg

The way I figure is Business is Business and so is dollars and cents   $273.68   is the prime # we are dealing with here. At this point They know its gonna cost them that, what they will want to know is what am I willing to settle for?  Stay tuned as this is going to get interesting. Oh and I did get a E-Mail back from them this afternoon that said: 

Sorry for the problem and thank you for the pictures. For the hat press, the alignment is corrected by the curve heating element and the silicon base. The silicon base will bump back in a few days when the handle is up. Most of the cosmetic damages on the swing away press are cause during the shipping. For above issues, we can do exchange, full refund or discount. If you need discount, how much you feel is appropriate.  Again, sorry for the inconvenience.  Thanks.

Frank I am Very Disappointed is the condition of both of these products that I ordered. I spent good money for these Items and I expect a whole bunch more than I have received. Call me please

you should recieve new products when you order new products - I didn't run into this type of problem but it would piss me right off

Today  I received  their answer.

SUNIE.COM just sent you a refund

Aug 12, 2014 14:04:13 PDT
Transaction ID: 7JBLAH BLAH BLAJH :lol:

Dear ROBERT,

SUNIE.COM just sent you a partial refund of $200.00 USD for your purchase.

If you have any questions about this refund, please contact SUNIE.COM.

The refund will go to your PayPal account.

To see all the transaction details, please log into your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Merchant information
SUNIE.COM
jsun@sunie.com
www.sunie.com
775-636-7621

Note from merchant
None provided

Original transaction details

Description

Unit price

Qty

Amount

Digital Swing Away Cap Hat Heat Press Machine (Free Shipping)
Item #: HATP600

$194.99 USD

$194.99 USD

pixel.gif

Digital 15W x18D Swing Away Heat Press (Free Shipping)
Item #: SP900

$399.99 USD

$399.99 USD

pixel.gif

Subtotal:

$594.98 USD

Insurance:

----

Total:

$594.98 USD

Refund to PayPal Balance:

$200.00 USD

Invoice Number: 131##

Sincerely,
PayPal

pixel.gif

From Sunie Sales: You should be able to see the refund in your account now. Thanks.

I would say this rectifies the situation. $200.00 off the price of $594.98 down to $394.98 for two presses will make good on the scuffed up damage.

• Like 3