Sign in to follow this  
jaybyrd

camaro bumble bee stripes

Got a customer stopping by tomorrow for me to quote the job and I'm in need of a vector file. I'm not asking for free if somebody has one to sell reasonably priced I'm cool with that I just don't feel like fighting with that hood stripe.

• Like 2

Try Moproauto for some good pics and maybe you can get some good ideas and measurements. That is if no one has what you are looking for.

Donn

do you have a pic of what your looking for might have one. Not a camaro guy not sure what bumble bee strips are.

I have something similar to this.

post-5398-0-26793600-1407167488_thumb.jp

I'm a Ford guy myself but I think that's it. They have a factory one I can get the dimensions off but honestly that stripe over the scoop will be trial and error to get right. If it were something 1 color I'd just order the kit and mark it up but the wide part is going to be purple and the pinstripe is going to be gold so I don't think ordering is an option. I don't have the time to install so it's either cash and carry or no deal.

• Like 2

Is your customer talking about Bumble Bee from the Transformer movies? I ask cause I just looked and there's two versions of it, one like shown above and another where the stripes are on the outside of the hood.

970RA and a roll of Wrapcut. 

Customer is in North Carolina. I'm in SC so that is out of the question. His friend is a regular customer of mine and he's bringing his camaro for me to pattern off of but it'd be sooooo much easier to buy a pattern and be done with it.

If he has the same hood there is no way to account for how someone is going to install/stretch it. Only way is either paint or use a filament line to keep the lines straight and correct. if it is more flat hood than no prob. 

do you have a pic of what your looking for might have one. Not a camaro guy not sure what bumble bee strips are.

I have something similar to this.

attachicon.gifcrap.JPG

I actually need these right here lol got a neighbor that wants me to do his as trial and error. and he's buying all the material.

I have seen these on several cars so I highly doubt each 1 is cut to fit. Kits is 250 so they are out there. Somebody has a vector file somewhere