Sign in to follow this  
djque

epson 1400 or wf7510

My bro gave me his epson 1400 and its in excellent condition new. I have a epson wf7510 that I use for sublimation now Im wondering which should I use since the 1400 has 6 inks compared to 4 which would have a better print.

I went from a 6 color eco sol printer to a 4 and can't tell the difference - 

• Like 1

I use the 1400 for sublimation because it doesn't require you to load the paper into drawers. I keep my transfer paper sealed in zip top bags and only pull out as many as I need for the job at hand, so having a big drawer full of paper doesn't help.

6 color inks give better flesh tones than 4 color printers, but it's all up to the color profile you use.

• Like 1

I have a 1400 also and love it.  Even if I dont print for a week or two never clogs knock on wood and print quality is amazing

Hi all, Glad to hear that the epson 1400 is recommended by you folks. I am considering getting one. What mug press is best to use with it? Thanks, June

First off Welcome to the forum.   George Knight makes a great mug press but I also use Cactus Wraps.  You might want to try that first to make sure you will like doing the mugs, they are pretty cheap and you just put them in the oven...

Also make sure the epson printer comes with sublimation (High Temp) Ink because  that's what you need for mugs.  Most come with pigment ink from the factory that wont work for sublimation.

Cobra ink sells it and use my name and Richard will take 10%  off whatever you buy, and his support is great.  Good Luck

• Like 1

presses su(*(* -  oh did I say that out loud again - many use them - wraps are consistent good results in my house. 6 presses I haven't found one like yet - but everyone has their opinion on that.