JessXEmoji

Can I do this? Or against the rules?

When my ebay customers purchase an item. I want to add a card in the package or something asking them to visit my website for more decals and more size choices so I can draw traffic to it.    Just wondering if thats ok to do. Thanks.

I drop a business card in my orders. That way if they have questions or want to see what else I offer they can go there. Not sure if it is against the rules but no one has ever said anything. Also on the mailing label i have the web site address.

• Like 1

If you were to follow the terms and conditions to the letter, no it's not allowed.

That being said, the only way that eBay would know you are doing it, is if someone were to report it. And the only reason I could think someone would report it , is if a competitor bought your item, saw it the insert/flyer/biz card and just wanted to start trouble.

I put stuff in my shipments all the time.

What's more in plain sight and easier for ebay to scold you on is links in your product descriptions. That's a no-no. You can refer other websites to your ebay listing/store, but you can't refer from a listing to an external site promoting items for sale.

• Like 4

I had to get around putting my email in my ebay listing. They kept stopping me and I need to work up designs with people for the stuff I sell on there. They are very protective of keeping their piece of the pie.

• Like 3

I had to get around putting my email in my ebay listing. They kept stopping me and I need to work up designs with people for the stuff I sell on there. They are very protective of keeping their piece of the pie.

That's why they added the image attachment option in the eBay message system. One more reason for them to say "There's no reason for you to contact them outside of eBay." ( even though you get their email address when they make a purchase anyway )

I decided to just draw up install directions that i send with every order. Its drawings of how to install a decal..the decal sample is my website name. I get the name out there without having to force it on them.

• Like 1

What about sending them an actual decal of your name to practice with

• Like 2

It seems like nearly every thing I get from ebay comes with an invoice with the name, address, phone number and email of the seller, plus a lot of them come with a business card or coupon good for future purchases.  I never once would have thought that was going against ebay's rules...