mactube

Simple Heat Transfer Vinyl

This Quest in must have been asked here a lot of times.. but I still can't find it with the search option.

Maybe somebody hast a suitable link for me.. 

or a suggestion .

I'm looking for  good inexpensive  simple glossy or matt heat transfer vinyl in simple colors like white , grey and black. 

it's less expensive the longer roll you buy obviously. But I also concur with the others. SISER is the product of choice. 

One a side note..... I use only siser easy weed here with the exception of glitter stuff I use another brand.  That being said, Last week I was in a bind and needed some black heat transfer vinyl ASAP.  Could not even wait the 24 hours for US Cutter to get it to me.... I went to several places in my area/surrounding areas to see if I could find a roll.  When I asked if they had any siser heat transfer vinyl they ALL replied with "No, never heard of it but I have XYZ brand..  I was so taken back by the fact that (at least here) so many people swear by it but yet locally no one has heard of it.  

Oh well.... I will keep using it.  I like it and the price!

I sell Siser on Craigslist all the time and this week somebody called demanding to know why i was so much cheaper than the people he buys thermoflex from. He had never heard of Siser either.

I wanted to order the Siser Vinyl but review about the Vinyl not being that good for detailed graphics kept me from ordering it so far. 

I have cut letters down to around 1/16 inch high without trouble and as much detail as I can stand to weed. It's shinier than thermoflex but if that bothers you just repress for a few seconds with parchment paper over it. XPAPERMAN I don't get rich selling Siser but I do it as a convenience for the people with cricuts and the like. I get $4 a ft.

• Like 1

I wanted to order the Siser Vinyl but review about the Vinyl not being that good for detailed graphics kept me from ordering it so far. 

I don't know who wrote that review because its as detail friendly as any I have ever used. I's thinner than a lot of others out there which IMO ends up with a lighter hand and less noticeable when wearing. 

It's the same problem with vinyl reviews, if they don't have the machine set up right they blame the material.

Ok,

I trust my USCutter Forum Fellows .. just order some Siser Vinyl .. let you guys know how it works .. 

• Like 1

I have 32 colors in stock if that's any indication of how much I like it.

• Like 4

I have 32 colors in stock if that's any indication of how much I like it.

wow I never tried it but now I will. I can get 5 yrds from ryonet local.

I have been using Premium Plus from Stahls, Stretchy, Soft with a nice matte finish.  It has been an excellent product so far.  All except for one roll that could have used more adhesive on the carrier.

I don't think they're the same. Siser is more of a semi gloss unless you repress with parchment paper. I've tried thermoflex which sounds more like stalls but the price doesn't compete with siser.

They are def not the same company. I have some stahls in stock but primarily use the Siser products. Stahls "Fashion Film" is pretty much the same characteristics as Siser Easyweed Stretch. They have some other good product too but the price is a bit higher. 

To clarify I was not saying the products were the same, I don't know that they are the same company. I have not done any research so it was probably useless to even throw that out there.

I haven't used ezweed yet but I look forward to testing it.

Pricing is pretty similar when comparing Ez weed to Stahls Premium Plus. Siser - $39.99 20"x5 yard roll. Stahls Premium Plus $38 20"x5 yard.

I'm sure they are both great products.

Hey,

thanks for everybody's opinion and input.. Siser Easyweed arrived and works fine.. I cut it with  300 Speed and 25g pressure ( SC cutter)  .. thats something a wanted to sake people anyway ..

What kind of pressure and speed settings do you use ( I know it depends on the cutter and also how far the blade sticks out) , but that would be interesting to know!!??

pressure and settings are subjective and different for every machine - even slight differences within the same model - so actual testing is the only way to get a true best setting on your machine.  I see it a lot on the crafter sites where the less accurate machines everyone wants to use the same settings - now with that group set that might work but with more accurate machines I have found it is best to set according to that particular machine and blade (heck even the same blade will have slight differences as it wears)

I've been super satisfied with Siser Easyweed but they only have so few colors . I'm looking for an orange, some neon colors etc. were do I get a better verity  of the easy weed ? Or Can somebody recommend a similar vinyl with more colors to choose from ?

Easyweed has orange. Look into the florescent colors for neons. The fl. orange, green, pink, raspberry and yellow are extremely bright.

• Like 1