knucklehead

Not quite a motorcycle, not quite a car, just badass...

Wasn't there a three-wheeler a few years back that was "part car, part motorcycle" ?

Oh yeah ---

73079d1128453961-the-real-pimp-car-steve

Seems like a waste to me if you cant haul with it it is pretty much useless.

Ha Ha, that's for recreation. If you have one of those, you've probably got trucks, and vans, etc to haul stuff.

yeah that new Slingshot by can-am, its basically their spider with a new body..

it looks sweet and fun, but really, a two seater side by side with a steering wheel, its not really a motorcycle anymore, just a 3wheeled car....the Spyder itself was a little more like a motorcycle trike, but this is way off from that..

I didn't catch it, but based on the seat design, im guessing it has seat belts, and since theres a steering wheel, im guessing an air bag in it....hmmm more and more like a car.

Pedals, 6 speed, Steering wheel, Car seats. Nowhere near. Drives like a car. Not a bike. 

yeah that new Slingshot by can-am, its basically their spider with a new body..

it looks sweet and fun, but really, a two seater side by side with a steering wheel, its not really a motorcycle anymore, just a 3wheeled car....the Spyder itself was a little more like a motorcycle trike, but this is way off from that..

I didn't catch it, but based on the seat design, im guessing it has seat belts, and since theres a steering wheel, im guessing an air bag in it....hmmm more and more like a car.

bite your tongue - can am bombardier ski doo - never to be confused with a Polaris product.  owned one Polaris sled and NEVER again - it's like comparing a Yugo to a Cadillac  

Motorcycle is only spelled one way... Harley
Yuck. Will never buy a Harley. ..

Harleys are for people with money to burn and no skill when it comes to working and building on bikes.

I always build my own crash bars, highway bars, saddle bag mounts, foot floorboards, and more. That is custom..not chrome parts and accessories that they made millions of.

I also do all my own work on the bike...everything...never taken to a shop. I only take my wheels in to have mounted and balanced..

My current bike 01 Vulcan 750.

20130711_191126_zps3a7f1284.jpg

My first bike I fully restored from the junkyard and customized, 78 Suzuki GS750.

78gs750_3_zpsd60f77d5.jpg

I know too many harley owners that always buy new ones every few years...mainly cuz they dont know how to work on them and fix them. And yes Harleys do break down. Ive helped them many times, from a jump start to hauling their harleys to the shop on my trailer. I keep alot of tools in my bags for when my friends harleys break down.

Guy I ride with is an old marine and tattooed hardcore biker...sold his last Fatboy and dropped $17k for a newer bagger. He flat out tells me he will not wrench on it. .he takes it in to the dealer.

That's basically the same as the T-Rex which has been around for several years.

T-Rex+Motorcycle+Specifications.jpg

I believe all 3 wheeled vehicles in the states are classified as a motorcycle. This also means the vehicle does not have to meet all the crazy safety requirements of a car.

At least in SC the driver license requirements differ from 3 wheeled and true motorcycle

I think here in MN they are licensed differently too. If you take your road test on a spyder you are limited to just that and not licensed for a regular bike..but if you take your test on a regular bike you arent limited and can still drive the spyder types.

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see how the Slingshot performs. It appears to have very little weight over the rear wheel which is a problem the T-Rex faces and it has the engine back there. It'd be kind of fun at a track I guess, but that's a problem as well. Most car orgs don't want it on the track with them because it's so small and low to the ground and bike orgs don't want it on the track because it's to big and too much like a car. At least that's the situation with the T-Rex around here.

Saw something like that gettin it on the BASIN between Baton Rogue and Lafayette when drivin home friday, it past 2 Louisiana State POlice with no issues on the Basin which BTW is 18 miles long which crosses over the Bayou...

Wasn't there a three-wheeler a few years back that was "part car, part motorcycle" ?

Oh yeah ---

73079d1128453961-the-real-pimp-car-steve

Quite a bit more than a few years....more like 50 plus.