Sign in to follow this  
may0024

Error: Cannot find the security key

I have FlexiStarter 8.6 v1 with a Sentinel dongle key. I used it on a previous computer running Vista with no issues. I have tried to install in on my current computer (Windows 7 64 bit) but continue to receive the error: "Cannot find the security key that matches the password".

The people at SAi have been very patient with me, but nothing seems to get it to work. I have updated the driver, uninstalled, reinstalled multiple times.

One thing I have noticed is when I go to install, it wants to update instead of install. Does that mean it is not completely uninstalling the driver?

Is there a magic trick to get it to work???

TIA!

Because you probably only have the registration for 1 computer. I had to deactivate my other computer to activate the license on a new computer.

• Like 1

You can install in multiple places, all you want really, You just need the correct dongle for that install in the pc for it to open. 

For the op, looks like a driver issue for the dongle. Older versions like that do not like the updated driver for the dongle. Just use the one on your disc and do not update it. 

• Like 1

Because you probably only have the registration for 1 computer. I had to deactivate my other computer to activate the license on a new computer.

Flexistarter can be installed on as many computers as you want.  You just use the dongle in the computer......I use Flexistarter

i know you said it's a sentinel dongle but is it a usb HASP key?

I ask because I've had difficulties with win7 and the usb hasp key, and it took a while to figure it out.

Thanks for everyone's advice.

Yes, I installed all of the correct updated drivers. I spoke with Sentinel and it seems that the issue is not the key, it is installed and recognized by my computer. Seems the issue is with Flexi talking with the key.

Not sure what a HASP key refers to? The key looks like a flask drive that connects into a USB.

Thanks for everyone's advice.

Yes, I installed all of the correct updated drivers. I spoke with Sentinel and it seems that the issue is not the key, it is installed and recognized by my computer. Seems the issue is with Flexi talking with the key.

Not sure what a HASP key refers to? The key looks like a flask drive that connects into a USB.

hasp was the brand of dongle they used before sentilal 

Had a similar problem about a year ago. Flexi and Sentinel were no help. I installed on a new pc dedicated to run my cutter, Flexi wasn't seeing the key. Looked at  my laptop and compared all the installed files for sentinel. Somehow one file that needs to be running in the background at all times was missing, copied it from the laptop and put it in the pc, everything has worked fine since then.