sunnygirl772

Need Help with Inkscape

My image looks great in Inkscape after I've vectorized it. Then I save it as eps and import it into Sign Blazer, and the edges look jagged, not smooth. When I save it in Inkscape a message comes up that says something like "saving it in eps may cause data loss," and suggesting I should save it as an inkscape SVG file. However, Sign Blazer doesn't seem to support SVG files. I've looked at several tutorials on youtube, including a couple recommended on this forum, but nothing seems to fix the problem. Can anyone help? I really need to get this job done. I've spent a ton of time on it and still can't get it cut.

Is the vector jagged or perhaps just the preview? Is the file jagged when cut? Maybe upload the vector file?

So then, it's not jagged when you look at in Inkscape but, upon importing it to SB, it becomes jagged?

Sounds like a problem on the SignBlazer end, to me.

Don't know that it will help but, here are my Inkscape settings when saving eps vectors.

I don't use Sign Blazer (or eps) though.

post-43059-0-81690200-1406696078_thumb.p

How does it look in outline view in Inkscape and sign blazer.

I've noticed some things don't look so good in signblazer but cut just fine.

Might also try doing a copy paste from inkscape into signblazer. That's pretty much how I do all mine anymore. Been having issues lately with exporting eps from inkscape and opening in SB.

I tried a cut this morning and it's cutting OK. I'm hoping it's just the view in Inkscape and Signblazer. It still looks jagged on screen, but cuts OK. A cut I did yesterday was iffy, not sure why. So hopefully the problem is resolved. Thank you so much for the kind help! I really appreciate it.

Try EPS Postscript Level 2 on your export and see if that helps.  Not sure what the Rasterize filter effects may do in regards to cutting.  It is probably the case you don't have any filter effects.  Can Sign Blazer take .ai or .pdf.  Maybe try that as export if so.

I am not familiar with SignBlazer.  But perhaps it has an option to show "Enhanced View" or some how set the dpi in the view settings someplace.  It might just be that it is rendering it on screen poorly.  

I would be curious to see a posted eps file looked like.