Sign in to follow this  
Moody Blue

Shipping t-shirt logos? New to HPV...

Ok I am new to hest press vinyl got an order from a car club in FL that needs t-shirts this weekend. They have asked me to only cut the logos since they own a heat press and will be doing the "dirty work" essentially and be making the shirts themselves. NOW from what I have researched the vinyl is weeded opposite of decals going down to a liner and leaving the back exposed. Do I need to put something on the back to ship these or are they not "sticky" until heat is applied?

How many are you doing? You could just stack them on top of each other and use some regular vinyl backing fro the bottom one.

120 total...60 front and backs. Unsure if it would damage them if they are stacked.

etiher just stack them and they can pull them apart (yes they will stick but not hurt them from my experience but never left them more than ah hr before) or put old sign vinyl backing between them,   sounds like they are giving you the "dirty work" and doing the easy part themselves

I have hand some vinyl I cut last year stacked on top of each other and the bottom is uncut heat transfer vinyl and they work no damage. So just stick them together do the old vinyl backing on the bottom and they should be fine.

Good deal thanks for the input everybody.  Haha yeah dakota it does seem like i have the dirty work now...on a good note it was well worth what she paid me to have them done in a week  ;)

Well she got everything and was extremely happy with the quality and speedy delivery  ;D

post-84967-0-66993300-1406895712_thumb.j

post-84967-0-54217300-1406895723_thumb.j

Looks like she used the thinnest shirts possible LOL. Congrats on the completed job and getting it figured out. I have used a piece of wax paper to seperate stacked precut HTV before with great success. The transfer sheet sticks to it and pulls off much easier than sticking them to each other.

• Like 1

it was  hard to see but now I see it says f150y boys.

it was  hard to see but now I see it says f150y boys.

It's actually F15DY...yes like "fiddy". Not my choice of name haha I just designed the logos.

• Like 1

Legibility is an important Design Fundamental, dontyathink?

Yes....just not in this case where the customer asked specifically for it to mimic the Raptor logo. I think I did a pretty damn good job  ;)

Notice the "0" in F-150 and Raptor has all round corners as where my "D" in F15DY has round corners only the right side...suble differences that make it legible to those that understand the background of the logo 

post-84967-0-07165800-1406919617_thumb.j

• Like 1

Agreed... you did a fine job mimicking the Raptor logo.

It's still very hard to read.

• Like 1

Commercial graphics' sole purpose is to convey a message.

I guess you need to tell Ford to change their logo then.

I guess you need to tell Ford to change their logo then.

lol and not just Ford...time after time I see an ad/logo and stare in awe thinking to myself WTF were they thinking

• Like 2