Sign in to follow this  
blackpaws

Screenprinters - Anyone capable of halftone printing here?

I have a design that's 1 color but has a gradient background. I have yet to work with gradients and halftones, but from what I understand I need a special software (like Accurip) and a special Epson printer that's compatible with the software to print halftones? I'm not really in the position to spend $800 right now between software and a new printer (I just bought a new Brother printer a couple weeks ago, go figure) so was curious if anyone would be able to print the artwork for me and mail it to me and of course I'll pay? Or if anyone knows of anyone that does this. I tried searching halftone printing services but had no luck. Thanks in advance for any help or leads! 

You should PM Neuromax, he has rip software and can probably help you out.

• Like 1

I think it was Neuromax who offered to do it for me but I'd have to dig through my papers to be sure.

• Like 1

I do have the BlackMaxx ink and accurip as well as Seperation Studio. If you can send the file to me at djones@designminegraphics.com I will take a look at it and see what I can do.

if it's just a gradient background you can do the halftones in illustrator as long as you have a postscript printer. We do it all the time.