JUSTCREATIVE

50" SC CONTOUR CUTTING - DESPERATELY NEED HELP

Hello I know now that there is no support for contour cutting but there has to be a way to do it with the SC. I LOOKED LONG AND HARD and have found some stuff that I thought would work. I 1st thought it was the sure cuts alot program so down loaded sign cut and spent many hours finding a video for that. But still no good it does not cut where it is supose to cut even after going through all the steps. I'm kinda disapointed with this seeing that we bought it so we could do contour cutting, it is my 1st plotter so I did't read the fine lines. But isn't that what a plotter is suppose to do? Very aggrivated :-[.

IF ANYONE FIGURES OUT HOW TO DO THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW... THANK YOU

You are printing a design out with registration marks and contour cutting it ?   Is that what you are saying ?. There are some videos on youtube.com

Here is a video on this page under contour cutting for the LaserPointer,   which should give you an idea,  Can you post some photos of your problem?

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/kbpage.html

Couldn't you use the Shadow feature or one of the drawing tools to do this.  Might have to move some of the handles around...

Software has more to do with contour cutting on the budget machines than the machine itself. I have used Flexi starter 10 to contour cut on a couple different cutter.

This is how it was drawing the image with the pen. It should have went over the black printed line. I followed all the steps and it was always off and yes with registration points.

post-87588-0-37235400-1406610097_thumb.j

I figured it out by measuring the offset distance and noticed it was exactly .5 off left and up. I made my own registration marks by making a square size w .5 and h .5 printed it out and when cutting deleted the square marks. It worked perfectly I attached a scanned image with steps if anyone can read my chicken scratch. But I hope that this helps someone out as I was frustrated with this for almost 2 weeks. Also thanks for all the suggestions. I used Sure Cuts Alot Pro 3 and UsCutter 53'' SC

post-87588-0-68629900-1406610498_thumb.j

beginning.pdf

solved.pdf

Easier to use Flexistarter10 for contour cutting.....  No laser needed,,  It measures from the blade in the middle of the registration marks, and records in the cutting software... The contour cutting is a program in Flexistarter 10,  It works for most any vinyl cutter...

In 5 he cut and print part of scalp there is a section to calibrate. You can plug in that 1/2 "  there and it should allow the program marks to work accurately

You said it was off .5 you can adjust it .5 in the calibration window to compensate for this.