2001kx

draw cut(weed) lines in corel draw x6

Im trying to add my own cut / weed lines for easier weeding using the 2 pt tool in corel draw x6 (see pic)

when i combine and export the .eps file with the line that i created... when cut it will cut 2x (up and back usually cutting through the vinyl backing paper).

How can i make a single cut line like the image itself.

7-27-201412-40-18PM.jpg

most cutting software has the weed lines built in it.as a feature..  That is too ez to just use an exacto knife thru it. takes seconds to do it.. Less time than drawing weed lines by hand.

• Like 4

I agree with Mz Skeeter, however, your problem is probably due to having a line width set for your added lines. Width is created by having two line and filling the space between! Set your line to none! Then fix your blade depth. No matter how many time you cut the same line, the blade should not go through the backing paper!

• Like 1

most cutting software has the weed lines built in it.as a feature..  That is too ez to just use an exacto knife thru it. takes seconds to do it.. Less time than drawing weed lines by hand.

the image above was just an example..i want to use it for the more complex decals with a bunch of parts.

I agree with Mz Skeeter, however, your problem is probably due to having a line width set for your added lines. Width is created by having two line and filling the space between! Set your line to none! Then fix your blade depth. No matter how many time you cut the same line, the blade should not go through the backing paper!

nope that didnt work...its fine when i first draw the line (if i cut it then) but once i combine it and export it then try to cut it again it will cut the line 2x (up and back)

Use the free hand tool. Works like a champ.

It did the same thing for me...once i combine / export it will cut 2x

From CorelDraw seting width to Hairlline seems to work best for me using the freehand tool.  Adding a hairline contour works if your trying to outline an object, that or the shaping tool Boundary.  It sounds like you had a small rectangle instead of a line.  That would account for it cutting twice.

Some cutting software has the ability auto generate weedlines.  Sometimes that works well, somtimes.  Also some cutting software lets you preview the cut, giving you a little animation of how it is going to go beforehad.

Just thought of something, Inkscape has options under preferences-Selector to change some of the Bounding Box behavior.

Ignore that!  Wrong post!