alikat1109

vinyl brand

I have a roll of vinyl that says SOLID on the back. I can't find this brand anywhere. Can someone help please. Thanks

Says it's calendered 5 yr vinyl so it's probably some house brand from somewhere but it may be obscure and old. I would go with Oracal. 

I can't find anything, as a company,  but someone selling it on EBAY... never heard of it...   why do you want to know..?   

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-12-X-10-Ft-Roll-Of-Professional-Solid-Signmaking-Vinyl-Blue-FREE-Shipping-/281328745997?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item41807ffe0d

Must be some good stuff since they want more than oracal lol.

The color looks like 510 Vivid Blue from General Formulations,  but they don't print on the liner. that I have ever seen..  And is a house brand for many vinyl suppliers.  Like Fellers,(Shinerite)  Signwarehouse etc.  (Enduragloss)  

I can't find SOLID as a vinyl company or supplier. 

Thank you everyone. I have a little (as you can see) of a certain color, that a customer wants, and I can't remember where I purchased it.

Thanks again. This forum is great. ;D

For what it's worth I would do a color match to a more available product. Where it is just a calendared product it isn't like it's something super special. I don't know if you have a color swatch book but they are nice for this kind of thing and maybe you can get them switched over. 

I remember that backing from when I started - seamed more like shelf liner but think it is some that someone had ordered thru china to sell.    adding professional to the name makes all the difference cough cough - scalP

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dakotagrafx" data-cid="365922" data-time="1406161665"><p>

I remember that backing from when I started - seamed more like shelf liner but think it is some that someone had ordered thru china to sell. adding professional to the name makes all the difference cough cough - scalP</p></blockquote>

Too funny. I actually have 2 copies of it lol