Moody Blue

Any musicians out there?

I've been playing drums for nearly my entire life. Grew up listening to Metallica but mostly played 90s grunge and alternative "radio" rock for the bands was in. I did some touring with a small country blues rock type band in college then took u-turn and started playing speed metal...such as Suicide Silence and As Blood Runs Black...with the last band I played with. Our vocalist lives in Sweden so we split after college when he moved back. Also played in various jazz ensembles and marched with the drumline back when I was in high school.

My kit: Pearl Masters in Sunrise Fade finish, Pork Pie acrylic snare drum, Pearl Demon Drive double kick pedal, and Ziljian cymbals all around :)

What do you guys(and gals) play?

post-84967-0-54297600-1405779627_thumb.j

post-84967-0-20179100-1405779637_thumb.j

post-84967-0-66806000-1405779941_thumb.j

Lol! Internet radio is my best friend! I can't stand the crap on "mainstream" radio anymore. Love my Bluetooth capabilities in my truck so I never have to be forced into listening to FM anymore.

• Like 1

I used to play the tuba but now I play a mean air guitar. (the problem is I look like Bockman Turner Overdrive)

Im a dj and I use to dj for coolio, master p also did lot of other artist djing.

• Like 1

I played drums for 5 years until about 2 years ago when I sold my kit before I deployed...planned on building another when I returned, but still haven't gotten around to it.  Played mostly metal...but loved to play along to other music like Billy Joel and The Commodores.

I played French Horn in elementary and middle school, I learned lead Guitar back In middle school, my friend was learning drums so I started that and my other friend played bass and I started to learn that. I haven't seriously sat down and played the guitar like full songs. I just dabble and keep my fingers nimble. However I was good at guitar hero and rockband  on the PS3 lol. I mainly played Iron Maiden, Megadeth, and old Metallica. I tried slayer but I started getting blisters on my fingers.

This all I have left of my music equipment..Sold most of it a month or more ago...Still have my fender and gibson

post-36467-0-29676400-1405806734_thumb.j

post-36467-0-29189200-1405806746_thumb.j

• Like 1

Im a dj and I use to dj for coolio, master p also did lot of other artist djing.

Wait, are you that old guy in the Vistaprint commercial?LOL

This all I have left of my music equipment..Sold most of it a month or more ago...Still have my fender and gibson

Nice rig...I was looking at some half stacks today.  Found a Marshall 1/2 for $400, but it sold almost immediately :'(

I played the drums thru highschool, sold my Pearl drum set for college money. Ended up getting a cheap electric guitar from a friend, and been playing with that a few years...

I like BT

O

I am with you Skeeter anything from the 60s and 70s I dont watch tv much I just listen to the oldies on the music channels and on the radio or sirus xm when traveling.

• Like 1

Play guitar some I have a bunch of them 20+ probably 30 if I counted them.

Play fiddle,mandolin, and trying to learn the banjo it's harder than it looks to play

. I peck on keyboard a little but not really good t it at all.

I also play harmonica mainly collect them I have some that are about 180 years old.

I tried the Sax but could never get it right sounded like I was killing a goose.

• Like 2

I was just grabbing a guitar,banjo and fiddle for the church picnic today and saw a few more toys,I forgot to list my ukes,harpsichord and dulcimers and the foreign stringed instruments hanging there not sure of the names of them not sure how to play the foregin stuff.