Sign in to follow this  
ACJ GRAPHICS

having problems

when sublimating i an getting "bleed thru" of other things that i have sublimated showing up. i think maybe the platen has ink residue on it? what can i use to clean the platen/ when i look at it i dont see anything on there. but once i put blank in there and close heat press a ghost image of a previous job gets sublimated on my blank? how can i clean it? its driving me crazy!! thanks for all the help

I have seen posts on this forum that list various cleaners that can be used. I always use a teflon sheet on top of my work to prevent any residue from getting on the platen. I have also used parchment paper.

• Like 2

Arty is correct.   You might try some alcohol?  Sam's sells a 1000 feet of butcher paper for like $20.00.  Do yourself a favor and pick one up.  You should always cover the bottom and top of your press.  It hurts when you don't do that,   have a white $12.00 polo vapor shirt and end up with something from a previous job on the nice new shirt that you now have to throw away.  Like they say it's cheap insurance...

• Like 4

I use the release liner from regular vinyl as blowout paper. Point is there needs to be a protective layer between your project and the press. Clean with alcohol or maybe thinner to get rid of what's already there.

• Like 2

great thanks guys I've always heard don't use anything that will lower temp and make end result come out crappy. hopefully it will clean up and i will also get that butcher paper 

Sometimes true if that happens just add 5 or ten seconds more ...

you won't see the sublimated ink on the platen usually but it is there to resublimate when heated - like everyone said the butcher paper is cheap way to keep that from happening.   think about it any ink on the paper that heats and has a way out that doesn't attach itself to the poly product is going to attach itself to something.