HDN

Laserpoint 2 Not cutting correct

I have a LP2 that is about 14 months old. I have a few problems.

The cut is not finishing and leaving little tags that are still connected. 

I have adjusted the offset and overcut . It is better but not perfect

Second problem seems to be uneven pressure. Cut starts good then seems to fade on pressure applied to vinyl

Third problem might be connected to the pressure. I get random tears in vinyl

I have adjusted pressure, changed blades, called tech support  and am at wits end..

Any suggestions would be a plus

Thank You

David

If it was cutting fine before and then started having problems then you have something that has come loose or your cutting strip could be the culprit like slice said. I would take a good look at your blade and blade holder and check for loose grit rollers.

check over the arm that holds the blade holder - seams there was a few that had problems last year with cracks or loose parts in there - maybe Jaybird can shed some light on it as he is better with the lp2

Only thing with mine was the solenoid sticking but that Carriage is all plastic and I had a lp1 crack and it did all kinds of weird stuff when cutting. The lp1 replacements were metal so I was surprised the lp2 was back to plastic.

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay in getting back. i played Elvis last night for Relay for life and today I taught a class for CCW. The problem arose last week. I replaced the cutting strip. I cleaned anything that moves after that did not solve the problem. Seems like the next thing to check is for cracks. If I can not solve problem by Monday I am going to have to order a new machine. Low on my list of things I want to do right now.

Going to order a new cutter this afternoon. At some point I need to upgrade. Just will not be today. Thank You for all your help

David

I had that on my laserpoint 1. It turnt out to be the blade motor cover. for some reason it was not seated correctly and the blade would not raise all the way up and would leave tags, crazy cut lines etc.

Once that was fix it was back to normal again till the graphtec came along.

check and see that the blade holder is going all the way up.

• Like 3