Sign in to follow this  
Fortune

any suggestions? new to vinyl.

i see there are many experienced and educated people here in this field. hope fully you guys can help me. Im interested in adhering a printable vinyl to shoes. im pretty sure i can get it to stick no problem but im not sure what type of vinyl to use to be durable enough to handle flexing and light abrasions. but also thin enough that it still takes form of the shoe. any ideas? id be truly grateful.

Try Heat Transfer vinyl. You will need Siser Heat Transfer vinyl. I don't think standard sign vinyl will work with this application, specially if your planning on wearing the shoes.

thanks alot the shoes im applying them to are actually vinyl as well and dont flex much with zero creasing so i think i should be ok. but is there a certain thickness that is needed?

due to the nature of shoes, personally I would use vinyl as a stencil and paint it.

I would be really wary of using vinyl on shoes, the first edge to lift would get dirt under it and then it's all over.

think it would work if the edges glued and sealed undeneath the sole si it couldnt lift?. i can completely disassemble and reconstruct the sneaker no problem just looking to step up my designs from hand painted and stencils is all

There is some printable stretchy HTV that the guys with solvent printers can print on that might work. Not sure if your vinyl shoes can handle a heat press or not though. 

I have my doubts that regular vinyl on shoes would hold. Shoes do so much flexing that you are going to see a lit of movement unless it's just placed at the toe or heel.