Sign in to follow this  
seahorse

Text cuts are jagged

I cut mostly text and almost always the cuts aren't smooth.  The appear somewhat jagged and don't meet. Best way to describe it is that it looks like a hang nail.  I weld and manipulate.  Any suggestions???  

Sounds like your plotter isn't set up correctly. I would check everything from blade depth, pressure and offset. Can you tell us what equipment/software you are using? Also post a pic of what you are looking at, it helps a lot to figure out what is happening.

• Like 1

I am cutting on a US Cutter Laser Point with SignBlazer Elements 6  Cut speed is 40, Pressure - 70.  Still trying to figure out how to attach my images.  Thanks!

Are you tracing your text then converting it to curves to manipulate?

Thanks I tried that but it really didn't make a difference.

Can you post the file you cut those from?

Could be the fault of the file, could be the cutter set up... could be a little of both.

Looks like offset settings to me. What blade are you using (30, 45, 60 degree) and what is your offset set to (In cutter Setup within SignBlazer)?

Looks like offset settings to me. What blade are you using (30, 45, 60 degree) and what is your offset set to (In cutter Setup within SignBlazer)?

45 degree and offset is set at zero.

start adjusting your blade offset at 0.25mm       If that does not work,   go + or - 0.05  until it looks good

• Like 1

start adjusting your blade offset at 0.25mm       If that does not work,   go + or - 0.05  until it looks good

I will give that a try.  Thanks!!

I agree it looks like offset but I would check that blade depth also, its common for people starting out to put it too deep.

• Like 1

man...this is very involved.  getting a little nervous that I'm going to start ripping through my vinyl supply just to get the machine adjusted.  

Uses very little vinyl to see if it's providing proper results.

I had my SC unit working perfectly on the very first try.

SignBlazer exclusively, for several years making signs.

It ran like a charm with the LiYu driver.

If there's one tip I can offer, it's to get used to the odd series of keypad button controls which allow you to set the ORIGIN point.

not quite sure what all of that is but I'm sure I'll have questions when I cross that bridge.

Hmmmmmm, the "set Origin" function allows you to manipulate the point of the blade and set it exactly anywhere on the vinyl you want.

The SC manual actually tells you how to press the buttons to make it happen, but their instructions are Chinese-English, if you know what I mean.

(The SC manual will offer "static screen" or "dynamic screen" button-pressing instructions ---  just remember your unit will feature the static screen)

Press SELECT key to choose “Local” function, and 
then confirm it with ENTER key.
When the screen displays: Position:Origin Current, the place(position) of the cutter/plotter head can be changed by direction keys. 
After the regulation, press SELECT key to choose whether to change the 
origin or not, then confirm it with ENTER key.

Whew!!!
I know you're loving all this.