Sign in to follow this  
wf2ste

Banner size

Mopar QUOTE > "But this is one of the very few times I have heard PS called a better design software in this industry."

Where did I say that? I said each has it's place. They are just tools and It's up to us to learn to use them to the best of their ability.

Neither Vector software OR Raster software can do it all alone... why limit your skill-set to just one?

Back to where this all started, which was about automatically grabbing Illustrator BEFORE you have even heard all the details of the Project...

I said, ~Not so Fast, there~ I'm not here to convince you of a 'better' way...

I just stated,  that's not the only way, vector software may NOT be the place to start every Project..

who said limit to only one? I keep saying both have their uses. and yes for this banner I would grab ai. Mush faster and smaller file, faster rip, all around better file handling and output for what he did. But again this is my workflow. If you like PS for it great, I do not. IMO drawing in PS blows goats. Always has, always will, Yes it can be done and some are absolutely great at it. But it is a raster editing program. Just like you said you use it for. It can never compete with something like Corel or AI in terms of drawing something for vector output. It just does not have the capability. 

Bs yourself....

I like to be clear about what I am trying to communicate.

I choose my words carefully and have no need to retract.

I do add to them often... as I have done here.

My work and methods speak for themselves... I see no need to be limited by one software or one method.

Where can we see some examples of your vector-rendering, mopar?

edit: Sorry wf2ste, we jacked your thread.

^-^

• Like 1

You meant my traces? Is that what a vector-render is? Cause I am quite sure I have very few if any at all. Like I said I recreate only as a last resort and draw or purchase everything if I need art. For me it is almost always faster and gets better results. But more often than not I use supplied art by the customer, if they bring me something that is what they get. Almost all my work is B to B so mostly logos, branding and advertising, book covers, magazine ads and the like. I have never had anyone bring me in a picture and ask me to vector-render it.

First, Read what (to) Render means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendering_%28computer_graphics%29

You said you rarely auto trace and you evidently don't use a raster program much, I figure you manually draw in a vector program.

I wanted to see some of your work... I hear you describing it... where can we see it? Links? Photobucket? Side of the Milk carton?

Now, after all this discussion, you're telling me you buy much of your artwork?

I never said much. again you go with the bs. You like to change the conversation into what you like to hear. And yes I buy art. I do not trace it or copy it. I pay for it. If I did not create it I make sure the person who did gets paid. I would say 10-15 percent of the art here is purchased. Some weeks more. Sometime farmed out to respected artists also. Never crowd sourced, hate the whole idea of it and believe it is the demise of the industry. 

I am not calling out your work why are you so inclined to look at mine? I never said i was artist and you were not. I merely was stating my workflow and how I do things in my shop.

You can link wiki all you want I still have yet to have someone come ask me to do any vector-rendering, ever. 

And I have spent a good portion of my life in photoshop. 8 hours a day for years. Just cause I find something else easier does not mean I do not know it.