Sign in to follow this  
efimage

How sharp and precise should corners be? Still having issues ce600

Well I received the new blade holder yesterday. They actually sent me out the older style that needs a spring but did not send out a blade or spring.  I did have a spring that came with the clean cut blade so I used that one.  I tried the new blade holder with the graphtec and the clean cut blade. It did not make a difference. I was still getting hang nails/tails.

I emailed Graphtec and was basically told to make sure I was using a graphtec blade and that the cap was tight :-[  .

I also have been exchanging some messages with Julie ( from the other thread) who also had the same exact issue and almost the same experience dealing the Graphtecs tech support. Her problem was resolved by having her vendor swap out the cutter and her new one is cutting perfect.

Honestly I did not feel like wasting anymore time and vinyl and I really did not want to take a personal day off from my day job to drive to an Authorized vendor.  I called up UScutter and they were awesome. One of the best customer service departments I have dealt with.  I ended up doing a exchange for a Roland GX-24.  I know I am going to miss the stand and most people say he Graphtec cuts better detail but I did not want to take another chance .

Whats funny is I saw that exact cut in either the manual of cut master 3 or the ce 5000 manual and it was showing how the end of the letters could either be loped or straight. But I dont know where it was so im betting its software issue and settings. Someone cut the same design with no issue.

shouldn't offset angle be set to

45* blade 30

60* blade is 45 on a cleancut blade It says on the box.

shouldn't offset angle be set to

45* blade 30

60* blade is 45 on a cleancut blade It says on the box.

My blade offset is 0  and 30 angle for a 45 degree..  I have never used a 60 degree blade.  I bought 10 45 degree blades  7 years ago, and still not used up..  I bought my Graphtec blades from Seiki and they have lasted at least 9-10 months each.

• Like 2

My blade offset is 0  and 30 angle for a 45 degree..  I have never used a 60 degree blade.  I bought 10 45 degree blades  7 years ago, and still not used up..  I bought my Graphtec blades from Seiki and they have lasted at least 9-10 months each.

Yes, when you download the Graphtec Cutting Controller, at the upper left is USE Plotter or Controller, You check Controller, and your cutter must already be on and ready to cut first.... Use vinyl outdoor, There is a drop down box.(.I have indoor right now.)....When you check controller, your cutter screen should change to Condition 9 with your Speed , Force,Quality and Blade CB09UX 0 . If your cutter screen does not change, then click the USE PLOTTER , then back to Controller... You will hear your cutter kick in.. I control everything right there.. All I do on my cutter is turn it on, prefeed the vinyl and hit Origin. On the advanced settings I don't even mess with those settings.They actually say off....attachicon.gifgraphtec cut controll.1.jpgattachicon.gifgraphtec cut controller_2.jpg

yeah there is 2 offsets on there I see most think that the first one is the only one but its a offset angle which is the blade degree and is the cleancut 60* says use the 45* offset angle. that what I used to cut rhinestone and flock.

Since this thread popped up again I figured I would update the situation. I did end up exchanging the Graphtec for a Roland GX-24 which is working perfectly it does not exhibit any of the issue I had with the Graphtec.

I will say not having a stand sucks and I will be buying one soon. The feature set in the Graphtec was better then the Roland for example it would be nice to have tangential emulation for really small detail work.

Oh and USCutter is no longer a Roland dealer. They are selling what they have left in inventory and that’s that. I double checked with Roland and they are still honoring the warranty.  I Think Roland switched to a local dealer/distributor model instead on online sales

• Like 1

Glad you got it all worked out.  That is interesting they are not selling Roland anymore. I figured something must be up when a refurbished / demo BN20 is the only Roland printer listed on their site.

happy for anyone that finds a plotter they like

Question on your cutter do you set your offset angle to 45* Since you use 60* cleancut blades. Not the offset thats 0 but the blade angle.

I run the 60's and have never even touched the blade angle. It's at whatever default is

• Like 1

Ok cool I just got my cleancuts in yesterday and noticed on the side it said offset angle is .45 this is with it set to .45 in advance under the cutter.

post-42519-0-38842400-1407715458_thumb.j

Hi everyone. I realize this post is old but I just purchased a Graphtec CE6000-40 and I'm having the exact same problem that efimage was having. I have tried absolutely everything to try to fix it. I have my blade set correctly. I made sure nothing was in the blade holder and the blade moves freely. My cutting strip is fine and even tried changing the blade, thinking maybe the tip broke off. I keep getting the same little notches on circles, text, etc, where the cuts start and end. Corners of squares aren't sharp either, there's kind of a "hang nail" on each corner.

My settings are: S8  F12  A2, Blade Offset = 0, Offset Angle = 30 

I'm cutting FDC 4200 vinyl that came with the machine (normally I use Oracal 651 or 631 but don't want to waste it while I'm trying to work out the kinks I'm having)

If anyone has ANY suggestions, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone. I realize this post is old but I just purchased a Graphtec CE6000-40 and I'm having the exact same problem that efimage was having. I have tried absolutely everything to try to fix it. I have my blade set correctly. I made sure nothing was in the blade holder and the blade moves freely. My cutting strip is fine and even tried changing the blade, thinking maybe the tip broke off. I keep getting the same little notches on circles, text, etc, where the cuts start and end. Corners of squares aren't sharp either, there's kind of a "hang nail" on each corner.

My settings are: S8  F12  A2, Blade Offset = 0, Offset Angle = 30 

I'm cutting FDC 4200 vinyl that came with the machine (normally I use Oracal 651 or 631 but don't want to waste it while I'm trying to work out the kinks I'm having)

If anyone has ANY suggestions, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

make sure the offset in your software if it has it is also set to 0 - some software lets you set it as well as the plotter itself

• Like 1

Try a different software... You can try a trial of Signcut.com   Or  Signblazer     Command is HP-GL.

Also how exactly did you set your blade depth?  You are stating it is correct....

Is this cutter new or used?

Try a different software... You can try a trial of Signcut.com   Or  Signblazer     Command is HP-GL.

Also how exactly did you set your blade depth?  You are stating it is correct....

Is this cutter new or used?

I'll try the different software and let you know if that fixes it. I'm hoping it's something that simple.

As for blade depth, I actually went by your instructions from a different post. You can barely see the blade tip, it cuts through vinyl and barely leaves a mark on the backing.

It's new. I just purchased it about a week ago. 

• Like 1

Just checking,  GOOD JOB!!! ;D   LOL   There are still others that use the UScutter instructions which are incorrect...

lol, thanks! I was trying to be thorough with making sure everything was set up correctly. I tried out SignCut..it's still happening. Talked to Graphtec tech support, he sent me over some information on making sure the blade was correct and pretty much ran me back through everything I have already tried. I found a few other post with people having the same issue but no one ever posts a solution! 

This probably isn't your problem, but I'm going to throw it out there in case it helps someone. My CE6000 started having these same issues the other day and I found that the problem was that I had selected the fiber pen instead of the normal blade in Graphtec Studio. Apparently, when you try to cut while it thinks you're trying to draw, it will give you the same problems that have plagued people in this thread.

• Like 1

Great info... ;D   Us members who don't use Graphtec Studio, would have never known that...It's in my brain now.   Thanks

I don't know if you use Cutting Master, but for what it's worth, Graphtec Studio's cutting options look just like Cutting Master and I've always figured they're mostly the same bit of software. If I were trying to fix a problem with GS, I'd treat them the same and use any advice I could find for CM, and vice versa. Maybe they're actually very different deep down and that wouldn't work, but it would be worth a shot to treat them the same.