jschmidt

What is the name of this holographic material? (Video Inside)

I have been searching high and low for this type of material.  I have taken a video of it to show what it does in the light.  Any help on what it is and where I can find it is GREATLY appreciated!

This is not a vinyl that i can find. it is more of a laser cut  wave refractive material  the closest would be the Endura Holographic .

interesting - did you get that from the youtube title?  i ask because i made it up since i didn't know what to call it.  thanks for the link though!  i have reached out to them to see.  hopefully the mystery will end soon. 

FYI, that Endura Holographics is the same stuff that's in the second link I posted.

interesting - did you get that from the youtube title?  i ask because i made it up since i didn't know what to call it.  thanks for the link though!  i have reached out to them to see.  hopefully the mystery will end soon. 

I'm betting it it just a different laser cut then what we are used to. you would have to have fingers in all the R&D vinyl to get to the bottom.

I'm betting it it just a different laser cut then what we are used to. you would have to have fingers in all the R&D vinyl to get to the bottom.

are you saying it is possible it may just be a custom thing that isn't available anywhere perhaps?

Fellers use to carry it, we used to use it till we realized it's an indoor film.

They still carry a version of it, the manufacturer is vinylefx.

this stuff has a terrible shelf life, is hard to cut, and doesn't last so be warned.  :rolleyes: 

by the way, it's called refractive vinyl.

Edited by FrznFire07

seriously?!??!?!?  you might be my hero ... i'm gonna check that out shortly!

Fellers use to carry it, we used to use it till we realized it's an indoor film.

this stuff has a terrible shelf life, is hard to cut, and doesn't last so be warned.  :rolleyes: 

could it possibly be under another name?  I've been searching "refractive vinyl" and can't find anything on it at all. 

i know it's also called holographic like you mentioned, but we always used to tell fellers we were looking for refractive vinyl.

I just looked at the catalog, vinylefx calls it special effects vinyl.

does that help?

Thanks a bucnh for your help @frznfire07 - Is this online anywhere that you know of?  I briefly googled and couldn't find anything, but will continue to look as well. 

i know it's also called holographic like you mentioned, but we always used to tell fellers we were looking for refractive vinyl.

I just looked at the catalog, vinylefx calls it special effects vinyl.

does that help?

i'm starting to feel like a dope ... i went to the site and cannot find it anywhere.  any specific link by any chance? 

I tried louisville graphics and they haven't seen it before ... they also said their mfr doesn't carry it either ... anyone else?

@frznmfire07 - i have that already, thanks.  it is very close, but the only thing it is missing is the cross hatch marks on it to give it that rainbow wavy look.  i  hope soon someone will be able to point me to the right direction!  i now want it more than ever lol.

try giving them a call, if I remember right it's called rain something.  We have used that material before and we did get it from Fellers, i just don't think it's around anymore, if recall correctly I think it was discontinued.

Because it used to come in a bunch of different patterns and now it's only that one.  regardless they should know what you're talking about if you call em.

Fellers suggested it might be an overlaminate called PrismJet  Lens Holographic.  I have yet to find this though.  Still looking folks - any other ideas, i'm open to researching - thanks!

Fellers suggested it might be an overlaminate called PrismJet  Lens Holographic.  I have yet to find this though.  Still looking folks - any other ideas, i'm open to researching - thanks!

PM sent.

Now that you have stated where this came from, (which is a Topps sports card,)  that is a technology created by the manufactures of sports cards.  Topps, Upperdeck etc.... Not of a vinyl field...category

Topps actually uses a number of vinyl available such as gold engine turn signal, cracked ice, etc.  Do you think that this type might not be available to the public?  if that is the case, is it possible that someone makes this type?