Ravenwind / One Off Grafx

Fixing other sign shops mess

Have any of you had to go and redo a competitors mess ups?  This sign was put up less then a week ago. It is already peeling and unless you are about 20 feet away you have a hard time reading it. If you do get close enough to read it there is a big pole in the way. It looks to me that it is printed translucent yellow on dia-bond. The install job left dents and pits all over. So now I get the task of redoing  this one and a couple of others she did herself to get her business started.

post-19735-0-37375600-1404846800_thumb.j

post-19735-0-96729800-1404846802_thumb.j

post-19735-0-29328500-1404846804_thumb.j

post-19735-0-33928700-1404846806_thumb.j

That kind of work is what keeps new customers coming in the doors. Those are rough but I have seen and replaced way worse.

• Like 2

Sounds like they didn't prep the substrate and it just didn't stick. Being a one man shop means that I see everything before it goes out the door.

• Like 1

Curious that they would contract someone else a week later. Did they ask the other shop to fix it and get rufused or are they planning to pay them AND you? How much did they pay for the job to start with?

Curious that they would contract someone else a week later. Did they ask the other shop to fix it and get refused or are they planning to pay them AND you? How much did they pay for the job to start with?

well it was through a friend they were having there's done by me but did not tell this lady we were doing them. I'm sure  she did talk to them but last I knew if you proof it it is done. I on the other hand give them a proof two or three times before i make the sign. The lady hates the sign and just wants it gone have to get it before i start on her new one. I hear a rumor that it was 200$ but the people that told me cannot   not tell a lie.

did it look like this on the proof? as for mounting you can only do so much. but the peeling that's just crappy work altogether

• Like 1

Looks pretty nice for a $200 dollar sign. They got what they paid for in my opinion.

• Like 4

did it look like this on the proof? as for mounting you can only do so much. but the peeling that's just crappy work altogether

Not sure on the proof. The whole bottom is pealing and bent under looks liked they dropped it  on install or loading.

Looks pretty nice for a $200 dollar sign. They got what they paid for in my opinion.

yeah 200 is cheap even for my lowest sign, but they look nothing like this. That price is what i was told can't see the other sign company going that low on a sign like that unless they wanted to beat my price. but i was 350 to 500 on the quote i gave them.

Looks good.  Since it's meant to be seen at a distance and read quickly I'm wondering if instead of comma's you should use hyphens?  I'm wondering if it would make it easier to read quickly?  Not sure, just wondering.

• Like 1

Is that two colors, black and green? Or is the white vinyl too? And how big is this sign and what was your final price on it?

Im doing two semi trucks with large decals..multiple colors (black purple and grey)..sizes range from 12x15 (x2 per truck) 14x38 (x2 per truck), 12x53 and 12x64 (x2 each truck) I quoted them $700 per truck..not sure if that is too low. It was only about $250 in vinyl materials.

Is that two colors, black and green? Or is the white vinyl too? And how big is this sign and what was your final price on it? Im doing two semi trucks with large decals..multiple colors (black purple and grey)..sizes range from 12x15 (x2 per truck) 14x38 (x2 per truck), 12x53 and 12x64 (x2 each truck) I quoted them $700 per truck..not sure if that is too low. It was only about $250 in vinyl materials.

Yeah just black and green vinyl on a white sign a bond board. It is 4' x 8' and i charged her 150$ but it was her board from the previous sign. Plus I got a few more jobs from her and she will recommend me over the local competition. most stuff I use the RTA calculator to see about how close it is. but i try to run about $7.00 a foot.

http://www.thesignexpert.com/TheSignExpert.com/Sign_Business_Free_RTA_Vinyl_Price_Calculator.html