Sign in to follow this  
Go-C Graphics

Mounting options and Best material

I've got a cheap customer on my hands here. 

I'm quoting him a 4'x8' sign for the side of his building 

It's going to be outsideand I was going to use Max-metal.  Is this a good substrate to use in this situation?  

Will coroplast work? 

What are some other options for outdoor substrates?

Other question is how to mount it?  

It's a block building doesn't want any fancy border or special mounts.   What's the best way to mount it?   Just use some tap-cons?

Thanks for the help. 

Any kind of long term I'd stay away from coro. Maxmetal is very good for that application and tapcons would be a good choice

when they figure in the cost of the substrate it just doesn't make sense - most of the cost is in the vinyl and application so saving $40 for such a short term item like coro just doesn't compute for the side of a blg. over an aluminum composite 

• Like 1

Max Metal and Tapcon's,thats your best bet right there. Personally, I cant stand exposed fasteners, I would throw some screw caps over the tapcons to match the substrate. He may not want to go crazy, but each job you do is like a visual resume to possible new customers. Make it look presentable.

Remember, the customer doesn't know what they want until YOU tell them what they want. In this situation, I wouldn't have even suggested coro.