Sign in to follow this  
eddieb378

Sub testing

Is there a cheaper way to work the kinks out of my printer other than using iphone sublimation plates.i want to adjust more but I can't see messing up these cases just to fine tune my heat and printer

Dog tags are cheaper :) I know it sounds cruel but in the end the only way to know what's happening is to use a sub blank. You can do just a small section of the black each time you test and move to another section for the next test.

• Like 1

Laser Reproductions Inc has 3.75" square fuzzy coasters on clearance for $0.32 each, that will give you enough surface area to get multiple colors on each blank and are pretty cheap.

If you prefer something with a hard, smooth surface, these 2" ceramic tiles are on clearance at $0.25 each (in sheets of 9 for $2.29), but you need to press them a little differently than you would a phone case (inverted on Nomex felt, or right side up with a green silicon rubber mat over the top).

You could also try sublimatable aluminum business cards at $0.35 each - they're thinner than a phone case, but similar surface and similar pressing instructions, and you can always print up and use any left overs.

From Conde, one of your cheaper options is the 2" square hardboard tiles from Unisub at $0.54 each.

Thanks guys I guess what I should have asked is if I do something say 2x2 can I press multiple times on a license plate

Thanks guys I guess what I should have asked is if I do something say 2x2 can I press multiple times on a license plate

Yes.

Send me a PM with you address and I will send some metal phone inserts that I don't use for you to practice on ..

Oh and NO Charge ...

• Like 1