MattS

Long Life Transfer Tape?

I got a bunch of decals that I made up a few months ago or longer and when I try and use them the transfer tape is comming apart like a paper label from a store.  I am going to be getting ready for a show in August soon and I want to start making decals now.  I need to find some tape that can last on a decal for a few months.  I was thinking about picking up some clear tape for the decals going to the show.  Does anyone have any recommendations for some clear or not clear transfer tape that they know will last for a few or several months.

I'm not sure if what you want exists. Transfer tape contains adhesive,and the longer it stays,the more it 'cures' or bonds. paper tape by it's nature is brittle and becomes more so with age. Stick a piece of masking tape on a window and come back a month later and see.

My advice: do the decals in advance, apply the tape a few days before the show.

R Tape Clear Choice is what you're looking for. It's clear, so it looks nice for retail. I have decals with tape on them from probably 6 months ago that still look like I just put the tape on them. Clear is a pain in the ass for bigger decals, though.

Guest rvgraphixs

I use clear Poli-Tape 160 from rjsign.com its 24" x 100' for 51.00 plus shipping and its just as good as r-tape just a little cheaper in price. I stored a decal for a couple months and just squeegeed it over again and had no problem.

As for the larger decals when I do boats 24" x 10' to 23' << my biggest so far I overlap ( 1-1/2") the transfer tape then use masking tape to hold the seam together.  This gives an excellent no bubble no crease result. It doesn't interfere with the installation just a little extra drying time. I don't use a tape applicator at all matter of fact I sold it.