Hi,

New to the Forum, but impressed by your helpful posts.

Issue: Two inkjet printers print fine from the Airport Express USB print server port, but can't link the Graphtec EC5000 plotter via Cutting Master 3 from Illustrator. Otherwise, the plotter cuts excellent when plugged directly in the laptop's USB port.

Anyone successfully use Airport Express as a print server for the CE5000? Anyone?

Thanks,

chris

I have read it can't be done. Someone had said the airport lacks the 2 way communication needed.

Some people have used USB to Ethernet to USB extenders with mixed success (different forums).

Best bet is to buy a 16 ft USB cable and use that. I bought this one - works great http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001MSZBNA?pc_redir=1405404050&robot_redir=1 .

I wish that the lower end Graphtecs had Ethernet ports like the higher end models.

Thanks for responding Jarrotto. I was afraid all I was hearing was crickets on this one.

I also read the Airport Express is one-way, but it's definitely two-way when dealing with networking and the inkjet printers. The Graphtec software can see the laptop and vice versa. Maybe something's short some software.

Anyway, I'll keep looking for a wireless solution, but in the meantime it's going to be USB cables.

• Like 1

No prob, I had tried the same thing before with my ce6000 and a airport express. Just couldn't get it to work.

Several years ago I read on here about somebody doing what you are attempting but it might take a lot of research to find the topic.