Sign in to follow this  
Wildgoose

New Helmet Graphics

So it was time to step into the current century and get an auto darkening helmet. I bought the plane jane model weldmark and decided to play with it a little while it was nice and clean. 

post-20133-0-69118000-1404430469_thumb.j

• Like 2

Really nice work. The Jester hat is really cool. The jolly roger cracks me up because I printed that exact image for my very first screen printing job. :)

What kind of welding do you do? I have been known to lay down some mig and some dual shield wire as well. I may even be able to stick weld, given a few moments to properly get the rod stuck in all the wrong places, a few times. :D

Really nice work. The Jester hat is really cool. The jolly roger cracks me up because I printed that exact image for my very first screen printing job. :)

What kind of welding do you do? I have been known to lay down some mig and some dual shield wire as well. I may even be able to stick weld, given a few moments to properly get the rod stuck in all the wrong places, a few times. :D

The old pirate's been around the horn a few times for sure. I don't know if you follow the biker builders or not but the jester is a parody I did on Paul Jr. who broke off of orange county choppers. My name is Paul so I thought it appropriate. They would all laugh their butts off if they saw me work too! LOL

I have a little Lincoln SquareWave TIG 180 but mostly stick weld with it. Nice to be able to TIG when needed but it's rare these days. It does run a nice bead though when in stick mode, I think it has to do with it being wired as a high freak unit because it runs smoother than most bigger DC welders I have used. I am just building some slide rails (rock sliders) for a 96 landcruiser I have been slowly building. I would like to get a decent MIG one of these days but I just don't build enough to justify the expense and don't want to get a cheap unit and be unhappy with the results. If I want to drag my material down to my day job we have several welders there I can use any time I want but I prefer to work at home. 

For any of you 4x4 addicts out there, here are the rock sliders I built with the new helmet. I am slowly working on my FJ80 cruiser and starting out with body armor. Still need to do the back end then it will be time for lift and tires. It's a clean rig so I'm trying to keep the armor fairly stealthy. I have always built Jeeps in the past and one chevy shortbox back in the early 80's but this thing I'm trying to keep looking fairly nice. At least until I take it out and give it some Idaho pinstripes. (brush is prevalent in the high elevation deserts around here)

post-20133-0-40378100-1404843105_thumb.j

post-20133-0-78841700-1404843117_thumb.j

post-20133-0-44529900-1404843129_thumb.j

• Like 1

Nice rockers. I like how low profile they are. The ones on my CJ5 stick out a ways. We should swap Jeep pix in another thread.

Nice rockers. I like how low profile they are. The ones on my CJ5 stick out a ways. We should swap Jeep pix in another thread.

You start it and I'll post a few up.

For any of you 4x4 addicts out there, here are the rock sliders I built with the new helmet. I am slowly working on my FJ80 cruiser and starting out with body armor. Still need to do the back end then it will be time for lift and tires. It's a clean rig so I'm trying to keep the armor fairly stealthy. I have always built Jeeps in the past and one chevy shortbox back in the early 80's but this thing I'm trying to keep looking fairly nice. At least until I take it out and give it some Idaho pinstripes. (brush is prevalent in the high elevation deserts around here)

Indestructible rig right there. Worked on yotas for 32 years. About the only thing these ever need done is brakes and front knuckle seals.

Good looking set of tubes.

• Like 1