smendlik

My 1st submlimation

It's strange. They had sublimation listed on their ink menu. Then took it down off the page I guess the night before I called. I called them last night and they said they didn't know what I was talking about. I said I wanted sublimation ink --poly's hard substrates etc and I didn't want to have to trim the papers. He insisted they don't carry it. He said that their pigment and dye are not sublimation inks.

I was just stumped. He took my info to pass along for someone to call me if they ever do carry it again.

They have removed the link from their menus, but you can access it directly here.  Your best bet, as has been stated, is to call and speak to Richard or one of the sales people and tell them exactly what you're wanting to do.

A full set of 4 cartridges for a Ricoh is $325 and change.  Each of the three colors is 29 mL and the black is 42 mL.

A set of four 2 oz. bottles of sublimation ink from CobraInk is $64.80.  Each of the 4 colors comes with 59.1 mL of ink.

Put another way, $325 gets you 129 mL of sublimation ink for a Ricoh.  That same $325 gets you 1420 mL (a full set of 8oz and a full set of 4 oz bottles) of sublimation ink for an Epson.   Sure, you're going to use more doing weekly test prints, but you're getting 11x as much ink, so you can afford to waste quite a bit.

Factor in the cost of a "wide" format sublimation printer - $1300 for a Ricoh and less than $550 for an Epson 1430 (with CISS kit), and it's practically a no brainer.

Note: If you do go with the Epson 1430, you'll need to get the 6 color sets of sublimation ink which are approximately 50% more expensive (you get 50% more ink, so it's not surprising), but since the Ricoh printers use 4 color sets, I based the math above on that for a more accurate apples-to-apples comparison.

Thank you for all of your help! 

I was thinking that also- that I'd be better off with the Epson. Some people have been saying they clog and you have to do daily prints to keep them unclogged. But others love them. Guess it's like anything else :).

Thank you again!

Not daily printing but every few days to a week. I have 2 epsons and a Ricoh and from sided by side experience the Ricoh is far more trouble free than the epsons but the tradeoff is price which explains the 2 epsons and only 1 Ricoh

Call Richard by Phone to order ...(enough said)  Give him my nam and you will get another 10% off ...