ok so i have tried it all did hours of research uninstalled and re installed updated SCALP 3 restarted system restarted cutter reset settings so i am looking for any help before getting on the phone with tech support in the morning. My cutter (34" MH Series cutter) is cutting weird to say the least. i was trying to cut a simple design today a web address for a customers bike 3" tall standard font easy stuff. so it starts from the right side with the m from .com and it cuts that normally then instead of moving to the left to start the o it feeds forward and cuts the o and c and dot along the right side of the vinyl moving up the roll and mirrored rather than to width of the roll like it is laid out and shows on the preview and what not. To make these even more weird i decided after wasting about 12 inches of vinyl i would switch to the pen and see what happens. So when i do so i switch the settings for the holder to the pen and it draws it just fine. So i leave the pen in and switch the holder back to blade and it draws it as it did before with the blade up the right side in mirrored image after cutting the m in the proper place not mirrored. So i put blade back in and cut it using the pen holder setting and i was able to get it to cut so i could at least finish up the customers project for them today. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this. Extra notes i have cut much bigger more intricate designs before never with an issue like this, also i am running the software and cutter on windows 7 home premium connected via usb with the cutter setup as a printer. Thanks in advance for any and all help. when i get back to my shop tomorrow i will try again with the blade settings and post a picture of the outcome.

I'm confused by this comment

Because it's one loooooong run-on paragraph...lol...good one, Slice. :lol:   As for your issue, J. Riley, can't help ya...sorry.  I trashed my MH Series after tons of issues and bought a Graphtec.  That fixed all of my problems.

ok so i have tried it all did hours of research uninstalled and re installed updated SCALP 3 restarted system restarted cutter reset settings so i am looking for any help before getting on the phone with tech support in the morning. My cutter (34" MH Series cutter) is cutting weird to say the least. i was trying to cut a simple design today a web address for a customers bike 3" tall standard font easy stuff. so it starts from the right side with the m from .com and it cuts that normally then instead of moving to the left to start the o it feeds forward and cuts the o and c and dot along the right side of the vinyl moving up the roll and mirrored rather than to width of the roll like it is laid out and shows on the preview and what not. To make these even more weird i decided after wasting about 12 inches of vinyl i would switch to the pen and see what happens. So when i do so i switch the settings for the holder to the pen and it draws it just fine. So i leave the pen in and switch the holder back to blade and it draws it as it did before with the blade up the right side in mirrored image after cutting the m in the proper place not mirrored. So i put blade back in and cut it using the pen holder setting and i was able to get it to cut so i could at least finish up the customers project for them today. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this. Extra notes i have cut much bigger more intricate designs before never with an issue like this, also i am running the software and cutter on windows 7 home premium connected via usb with the cutter setup as a printer. Thanks in advance for any and all help. when i get back to my shop tomorrow i will try again with the blade settings and post a picture of the outcome.

switching to the pen is giving you a clue...  It could very well be static from the vinyl.. Try wiping vinyl with dryer sheets,  Static Guard sprayed in area.    I hope you have your cutter grounded to the stand if you have one  Also serial connection is the best for those cutters. Some can run on USB, but many more do not.  Serial card, a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter  or a Belkin is another choice.   Just enter Keyspan Adapter in the search bar and you will see where that has helped tons of people with the value cutters and these kind of problems. 

• Like 1

why do you have the plotter set up as a printer - why not let scalp manage it like a plotter?   Make sure to put a little back from each job to allow an upgrade in the future to a plotter with a true usb chipset (not emulated like the refine) and to a servo model like the titan or graphtecs - you will be much happier - but in the mean time make some money with that refine!

yes sorry about the run on paragraph was just trying to get all the information in there

As for static and grounding yes the cutter is grounded to the stand has been since day 1 and after reading many posts about this value cutter i wipe down all my vinyl with dryer sheets before cutting already.

as far as being set up as a printer that is the way us cutter tech support set me up after several issues with the usb. i purchased a keyspan adapter and was unable to get that to work at all. Again called tech support they said maybe you got a bad keyspan. i returned and exchanged for another keyspan same issue.

As for saving for another machine already well on the way to that i have been setting enough aside to cover expenses for each project and almost all of the profit has been set aside since i got this cutter (about a month ago) to upgrade only need two or three more decent projects and i believe i will be purchasing a titan 2 by then end of july.

• Like 1

Well I think i may have solved the problem. With a fresh start this morning i opened up a fresh document and tried to cut something else with the font and it did the same exact thing. As soon as i changed to a different font it cut perfect. I still do not understand why this is happening as i have cut with this font before and never had an issue. And Bannerjohn i am sure i will love the titan 2 when i get it, the biggest thing holding me back is "the other guy" in town has a brick and mortar store and has been doing it a lot longer than myself which is fine but he is grossly overcharging because of no competition until this point. My problem with him is he does A LOT of copyrighted material (which i wont due) including disney and car companys so i am loosing a decent amount of work to him.

shhh...the copyright people might find out about him (hint).

• Like 1

the biggest thing holding me back is "the other guy" in town has a brick and mortar store and has been doing it a lot longer than myself which is fine but he is grossly overcharging because of no competition until this point. My problem with him is he does A LOT of copyrighted material (which i wont due) including disney and car companys so i am loosing a decent amount of work to him.

I live in a very small town  of about 6000,   I have never sold anything here local  Never wanted to.   I am an online biz only, and successful at it..   I don't care about the other guys in town..  In 2008  I purchased a NEW FC 7000-75 and it paid for it's self in 5-6 weeks  and I still have it..use everyday.  You have the opportunity to advance your products with a better cutter,  and gives you more time and profit, with less time tweeking and less scrap.  Look at the big picture,,,,

• Like 1

think you mean tweeking Carolyn LOL

it's a rare day when carolyn makes a typo - its a rare day when I don't!

You have no clue how many times I edit some of my own posts either,,,,,many,   missed that one.  I would have caught it later,  but you already quoted it. 

• Like 1

I do that a lot too.  read so many I just skim and misinterpret 

shhh...the copyright people might find out about him (hint).

I am not going to play that game i will give them credit they do good work and are capable of doing a lot more than i am at the moment i am sure karma will catch up to them in time you can only have life size disney princesses wall decals for sale on your facebook page for so long.