tooler82

Bad Graphics Designers

So I have somebody high up that had somebody low down design a logo for this unit. I told him I needed it to be a vector in .eps format. The guy sent me a bitmap he saved as a .eps. It's all pixelated. Wow.

IRON CLAW 01.eps

post-80805-0-76255300-1404130478_thumb.j

Now I don't know what to do because they put so much on this young guy to make it, and he made it, but it's crappy. Sure hate it but that Command Sergeant Major is going to be disappointed that I can't do it lol.

Well obviously he made it in a bitmap program and somehow saved it as a .eps and it's not vectored.

You print right? Why do you need it vectorized if he can provide a higher quality raster image. I think that is what mopar is getting at.

here is the patch eps

http://veteran-graphics.com/army_pages/united_states_army_brigades/united_states_army_engineer_brigades.html

the claw is from a fishing line producer

http://www.askari-fishing.co.uk/__WebShop__/product/fishing/fishing-accessories-5/rigs-traces-2/steel-hardmono-traces-2/saenger-iron-claw-authanic-wire/detail.jsf

with a added rip in the castle badge. not sure if this will help you at all. there are also a few people that will clean that up for you for a small fee.

I do know the feeling I used to send my stuff to the local print shop and they were not advanced enough to process my files. Part of what got me into decals and such.

• Like 3

Wow. How did you find that out? That's amazing. I have the patch since I do the graphics on post for the Army.

And unfortuanately with me being a little governement worker I can't pay somebody to do that.

Since the claw is clearly created by someone else and not the kid that made the unit logo I'd think there may be some copyright issues unless he contacted the owner of the claw and got permission to use it.